PDA

View Full Version : AAA fastpass question

LytNnBug
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I know that the enhanced version of fastpass for AAA packages is going away, but I read on earlier posts would be in effect until 1/06/07. We just received our documents for a trip for Veteran's Day weekend and I didn't see anything on the park hopper tickets that indicated anything special. Has anyone been to the park recently with a AAA package and did it include the enhanced fastpass feature?

Thanks!

Boo's Mommy
11-06-2006, 11:40 AM
We were there with a AAA package end of October. There wasn't any enhanced or non enhanced fastpass indicated at all on the park hopper tickets.

Tiggette
11-06-2006, 05:52 PM
It does not say anything on the ticket as I recall... But, the AAA fastpass does not have a time limit on it.... you can get several fastpasses at a time without having to wait for the time on the first FP to come up... then get another one.

Not sure if that makes sense.... you can get a POTC FP and then zip over to the Mansion and get another FP without waiting for the time to come up on the POTC FP. Makes life much easier.... Does that make sense???:confused:

kisroo
11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
It does not say anything on the ticket as I recall... But, the AAA fastpass does not have a time limit on it.... you can get several fastpasses at a time without having to wait for the time on the first FP to come up... then get another one.

Actually, there is a window of time for return/expiration, just like a "normal" FastPass. The AAA ones that I have left over from our trip do say "AAA Exclusive FastPass" on the top of the FP. There is nothing on the ticket other than saying "5 day Bonus WDTC" (Walt Disney Travel Co.).

Are you staying in a resort hotel? That was still a requirement.

Have a great time!!

~kisroo:)

experiment626
11-06-2006, 07:34 PM
It would be very difficult to get FP for POTC since it does not have a FP. ;)

experiment626
11-06-2006, 07:40 PM
oops

LytNnBug
11-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. This will be our first stay at the GCH. Based on all the info about the crowds for Veteran's Day weekend, I'm glad we made that choice so we will have the enhanced fastpass feature at a resort hotel.

Thanks again for all the great info on this board.

kisroo
11-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Ooooooo...the Grand....I love that hotel!

One of the things we did with the "enhanced" FP was to get FPs for the rides we wanted and then grab another one as we were heading into the line with our first. Then, you can decide to ride again if you want to do so. If you don't, you can "gift" them to other park goers or keep a few for scrapbooking!!

Have a fantastic time~we've been during Vets and while it is busy, it was a fun trip. You'll love the convenience of the Grand!

sierranevada
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
One of the things we did with the "enhanced" FP was to get FPs for the rides we wanted and then grab another one as we were heading into the line with our first. Then, you can decide to ride again if you want to do so. If you don't, you can "gift" them to other park goers or keep a few for scrapbooking!~kisroo:)

We did the same thing in August but had to convince the family we "gifted" them to that it was not a scam!

Tiggette
11-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Just knew I was not making sense. What I meant was that there was no time limit to block you from getting a FP at another ride. If I remember correctly a regular fastpass limits you to one FP at a time. So, you cannot get another until the return time to the first FP ride has expired, then you can have another.

The AAA fp allows you to hold several FP to different rides at the same time.

How is that??:D

hlbtimes2
11-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Much better. :)

Tiggette
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Thank you....

kisroo
11-07-2006, 06:22 PM
JWhat I meant was that there was no time limit to block you from getting a FP at another ride. <snip>
The AAA fp allows you to hold several FP to different rides at the same time.

How is that??:D

I wondered if that's what you really meant!! :)

I hope that Disney starts to offer the "enhanced" FP to those staying onsite. I really, really do!!

Tiggette
11-07-2006, 06:34 PM
I think that Disney will offer it for the guests that book stay at the resort and book through Disney Travel. It is just too good a thing to give up.