PDA

View Full Version : CLEAN Yet Inexpensive Hotel Needed...

mowsluver
11-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Is there such a thing? I have read some of the reviews about 'inexpensive' (cheap!) hotels in the area and they are not very good....CLEAN--no bugs!--is the main thing. Don't need frills just a decent place to stay on a very tight budget, for a weekend in December.
I guess reading all those stories about bedbugs invading have given me the creeps!
I have found a few rooms for around $55-60 a night...Super 8 on Katella, was one of them.
They will have a car, but I don't want them to have to drive TOO far away.
Thanks!

teach
11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Definitely Super 8 on Katella meets the requirement. We have stayed there on three occasions, and it has not dissapointed. We havestayed at three other locations of greater rating and cost, yet they did not compare to the Super 8 in terms of cleanliness and service.

mowsluver
11-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks! I stayed at the Super 8 also, quite awhile ago, but was just checking to see if there was anything comparable. It would have been nice to have a small fridge or microwave but there is no such thing at "cheap" prices!:~D

jrsharp21
11-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Check out the Carousel Inn's website. I got a Wednesday night room for $55.

Malcon10t
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
The Alpine Inn would be a nice, cheap, clean motel that is very close. http://www.alpineinnanaheim.com

DangerMouse
11-05-2006, 04:11 PM
A friend of mine just stayed at the Anaheim Plaza (withing walking distance) and said it was clean (no bugs) with fridge/micro. She paid $59 per night.

http://www.anaheimplazahotel.com/

mikala
11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I just booked 4 nights on priceline for $60.00 a night including Thanksgiving. We will be at the Doubletree. Best of luck.

backsthepack
11-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Just don't stay at the other Super 8 (I believe it is on Disney Way). It is just nasty and the staff is very rude.

splash
11-05-2006, 04:26 PM
We have stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn which is just across the street and down a block. Was a good price and clean large rooms. Avoid the Park Vue Inn.

Rapunzelthorn
11-05-2006, 05:59 PM
We always stay at the Anaheim Plaza. It is the best deal in the area, I think. We stayed in early October for $59.00 a night. Ask for refurbished section and request a microwave and refrigerator. We have never had any problems and the courtyard setup is kind of nice (shields you from street noise). They have very spacious grounds and a huge pool and jacuzzi. Also, you get a private fenced patio/porch on the bottom floor or a balcony on the top floor. It is a very old hotel and not fancy, but good if you are on a tight budget and very easy to walk to Disneyland from. Also, try booking online through their website for the 58.00-59.00 a night rate. We had a room with two queen beds and a fridge and microwave for that price.

randawggy
11-05-2006, 06:17 PM
My family just stayed at the alpine inn on katella. It is not a four seasons by any means, but the rooms were decently appointed and it was clean. You can walk to the timon parking lot in about 5 minutes and then pick up the tram to the main entrance.

It was about $60 a night. Some friends of ours stayed there and told us to bring our own towels, the hotel towels are really thin. We also brought our own pillows, always do or I can't fall asleep.

You can walk to the 7-11 on Harbor and Katella if you need snacks and all rooms have a fridge and a microwave. We will stay there again because the price is right.

Randy

cpeak
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
We have stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice this year because the price was so cheap. It is also close enough to walk. We stayed for $59 a night the week of New Year's and just two weeks ago in Oct. The rooms are old, but clean. Also kids eat free at the restaurant with paying adults. My husband doesn't like the service at the restaurant but the girls are free so we save money and the food is okay (He has become a bit of a snob since he started his current job.) We have also stayed at the Del Sol Inn which is a little closer than the Anaheim Plaza, but is about $50 more. The rooms are both clean but the ones at Anaheim Plaza are bigger.

mowsluver
11-05-2006, 07:43 PM
The Anaheim Plaza looked like it was going to 'be the one' but on their website for the date I need, it is $89 per night. Alpine Inn is sold out, so I will keep checking!

Thanks for all the help!

shawnarae
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I have seen (and reserved) Paradise Pier for $79 off Expedia. Usually 4 days before the date (if it is a light weekend & no conventions) good deals will come out. If it is within 1 week Disney will match Expedia's rate. I have also reserved Paradise Pier with my AP for $99 a night. Not bad ;)

But in December anything under $200 is rare for Disney Hotels...good luck!

Pirate Princess
11-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I just booked 4 nights on priceline for $60.00 a night including Thanksgiving. We will be at the Doubletree. Best of luck.
How many stars was the Doubletree considered on Priceline?

Malcon10t
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Which DOubletree did you get? The one in Orange? Or the Guest Suites on Harbor?

daisydog
11-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Alpine Inn is sold out, so I will keep checking!

Did you give them a call or just check their website for availability?

I've noticed their website states that if nothing is available online to call them because they may still have rooms available.