PDA

View Full Version : Turner to be on Pirates?

KRA0125
11-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok guys, it seems to me like I remember seeing somewhere that there are plans to add Will Turner to the POtC ride, am I correct? If so, does this mean another closure for the ride? :confused: We are going in Feb and I will be so bummed if it is down then. Hope you all can help with this.

Thanks.

ladodgerjon
11-04-2006, 08:13 PM
The rumor is that the Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly characters are to be added to the park's POTC attraction sometime before the third installment of the film is released (May, I believe).

ManaByte
11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
The rumor is that the Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly characters are to be added to the park's POTC attraction sometime before the third installment of the film is released (May, I believe).

Not a rumor. Dick Cook said they would be added back at the Dead Man's Chest premiere at Disneyland.

samkj
11-05-2006, 06:37 AM
There has been talk about another extended refurb for POTC starting in early Feb. Since Splash will also be down at this time, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the POTC will be a shorter closing happening in March or April. We also have a Feb trip and my son finally wants to go on POTC (he's almost 5 yo) He's been watching the ride video constantly and says "when I'm 5 I'll go on Pirates" at least 5 times a day. But then again if its closed in Feb that gives us an excuse for a June trip in addition to the Feb and Nov 07 trips we have planned!

POTCpurist
11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Not a rumor. Dick Cook said they would be added back at the Dead Man's Chest premiere at Disneyland.

Ugh! :(

just beatla33
11-06-2006, 03:38 PM
I think it would be real nice after the movies POTC can close again and bring back the original ride. I just feel like I'm getting Jack Sparrow and crew shoved down my throat whether I like it or not

Bolivar
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I’ve said this before, but the pirates on the ride are like cartoon characters. So are Sparrow and Barbossa so they fit in well. Both Will and Elizabeth are not cartoon characters, but more like real people. I don’t see how they would fit into the atmosphere of the ride. Maybe I’ll be surprised at how well they work, but I don’t see it.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-06-2006, 10:35 PM
No more changed thankyouverymuch!

Mickeygirlforever
11-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I think I agree. I loved the ride the way it was and think it's awesome now too. I also LOVE Orlando Bloom, but don't think that Will and Elizabeth would fit in well. Jack has a witty, pirate humor to him that the attraction has always had. Plus, if they add Will and Elizabeth, it'll be even farther away from it's original form. I was worried when they put Jack in there, but I was pleasantly suprised.

cassatt
11-08-2006, 03:07 AM
I agree, I think Will and Elizabeth are unnecessary additions to the ride, and am sorry to see downtime just to include them. In the future, when the Pirates movies are remembered, I don't think people will be raving about Orlando Bloom's hat at the end of Pirates I, whereas I think Jack Sparrow is a rather memorable character. While I can see validity in adding Jack Sparrow to the ride (I like Barbossa's addition as well, if only because I like Geoffrey Rush) I see Will and Elizabeth as a more transparent attempt at cashing in on the Pirates phenomenon, aka targeting Orlando Bloom's fangirls. But I reserve the right to be wrong. :p