PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day DLR Park Admissions

BambiwithaT
11-04-2006, 04:04 PM
My group of 9 will be arriving at Disneyland on Wed. and staying through Fri. I'm just trying to figure out when we should hit DLR and when to go over to DCA. At first I was thinking about doing DCA on Friday since it sounds like DLR will be packed. But.....We have reservations for the 9:00 p.m. Fantasmic Show and I'm worried out group won't be let into DLR in the late afternoon, if they close the park due to high volume of visitors. Maybe just stay at DLR on Friday and put up with the crowds.

What do you guys think? Would they let us in DLR with our Prefered Fantasmic Tickets? If only I had a crystal ball ! I guess I'll have to ask at Customer Services what to do.

4 more days ! Yee Haw

Malcon10t
11-04-2006, 04:18 PM
My group of 9 will be arriving at Disneyland on Wed. and staying through Fri. I'm just trying to figure out when we should hit DLR and when to go over to DCA. At first I was thinking about doing DCA on Friday since it sounds like DLR will be packed. But.....We have reservations for the 9:00 p.m. Fantasmic Show and I'm worried out group won't be let into DLR in the late afternoon, if they close the park due to high volume of visitors. Maybe just stay at DLR on Friday and put up with the crowds.

What do you guys think? Would they let us in DLR with our Prefered Fantasmic Tickets? If only I had a crystal ball ! I guess I'll have to ask at Customer Services what to do.

4 more days ! Yee HawIf they have a turnstile closing, it doesn't matter if you have preferred seating, you won't get in.

That said, even if they have a turnstile closing, only on NYE have I ever seen it continue after 4pm. After the first parade, everyone heads out for a nap, and turnstiles reopen, and generally stay open.

BambiwithaT
11-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Thank you Malcon10t for this great information. I was quite concerned about getting our group back into DLR Friday evening. We don't want to miss out on all the happenings going on that night.

Another question ! Do you think the chances are high for the Christmas Fireworks show to go off on Thursday? We're hoping that is the case. I need to make sure I bring enough tissues because I'm such a sentimental gal.

MiaTurner
11-07-2006, 04:03 PM
:eek: Okay, wow.... so if I have a park hopper, spend two hours in Disneyland and head over to DCA, if the Disneyland turnstiles close, I can't get back into Disneyland? Even though I was already there and have a parkhopper?

sierranevada
11-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Here is the link to a thread regarding closures that explains the different levels:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=54890&highlight=levels+gate+closure

Malcon10t
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
:eek: Okay, wow.... so if I have a park hopper, spend two hours in Disneyland and head over to DCA, if the Disneyland turnstiles close, I can't get back into Disneyland? Even though I was already there and have a parkhopper?
In short, yes. Once the FM closes the turnstiles, they are closed til enough people leave and they can allow people in. This doesn't happen on a regular basis. Generally, when it happens, it occurs between 11am and 4pm.