PDA

View Full Version : is this a good idea? for character signings?

hippiemama
11-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Instead of autograph books this year I got my kids white tshirts and picked up some permanent sharpie markers - thought the characters could sign their shirts and then they can wear them to school when we get back!

Will it be ok ya think? Good idea or stoopid idea? lol

Nancy
11-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Instead of autograph books this year I got my kids white tshirts and picked up some permanent sharpie markers - thought the characters could sign their shirts and then they can wear them to school when we get back!

Will it be ok ya think? Good idea or stoopid idea? lol

I think it's a good idea. Maybe Disney will sell a cheep white T-shirt with a mickey pic and a permenant pen attached on it now instead of the books. You may start a trend. When the kids outgrow the shirts they can be reborn as a pillow.

mommy-san
11-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Just in case... the characters won't sign it if they are wearing them. Though it didn't sound like that was your plan. Maybe put them on a clip board (stretched) so they are easier to write on.

hippiemama
11-05-2006, 05:33 AM
why won't the characters sign if they're wearing them?
i like the clipboard idea but i was hoping they could wear them .

jillshumway
11-05-2006, 06:19 AM
I like the idea but my kids would ruin them by spilling on them while they were wearing them. Disney brings out the messy kid in all 5 of them. Jill

Drince88
11-05-2006, 06:22 AM
why won't the characters sign if they're wearing them?
i like the clipboard idea but i was hoping they could wear them .
They won't. Too many opportunities for claims of inappropriate behavior, would be one reason. Also, it'd be hard for the material to keep from slipping, and if you're using an easy-to-use pen, it might easily bleed through to your kids skin.

There's nothing to say they couldn't wear them BETWEEN character signings, and just have another shirt underneath.

hippiemama
11-05-2006, 06:36 AM
well that stinks but ok - i mean the characters hug my kids, so why not sign?

samkj
11-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Have you ever tried to sign a t-shirt while someone was wearing it? Imagine doing it with oversized gloves and very little sight. I think it would be just too hard. I've seen the t-shirt (and pillowcases too) idea before and really like the idea. Just make sure you bring (like someone else mentioned) something to stretch the t-shirt over to give the characters a flat/hard surface to write on.

MammaSilva
11-05-2006, 07:28 AM
If you wanted something along those lines that you don't have to worry about the kids outgrowing, try a cap. We did this for my nephews and brought a laundry marker, they still have their ball caps from that trip.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
11-05-2006, 07:45 AM
I was just going to suggest that. Caps work great and they can be worn, I've seen sereval of them lately. Easy to take off and hand to the character (if it's one who might have trouble with a pen, like, say, Pooh) and there's no problem signing for one who can (i.e.: Alice) handle the pen and such. And they look great. No spills either.

-TLMt

MadasaHatter
11-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I was in Disneyland in October and saw three people with shirts on that were signed ALL OVER by the characters so I don't think that it will really be a problem.....

Cheers