PDA

View Full Version : Gate ticket prices

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-04-2006, 07:05 AM
My dad and stepmom are meeting us for part of our trip in December. They were wondering what ticket prices were at the gate, in case they don't buy in advance. The plan is for them to spend just 2 days in the park. I looked online and got prices, but I wanted to see if they were cheaper online, they should then buy ahead, or if they could get them at the gate for the same price. They are looking at the 2 day hopper.
I suggested buying in advance, to avoid ticket lines. But it is possible they may be able to enjoy 3 days in the park, and they wouldn't know that until the week before the trip.
TIA!

backsthepack
11-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Get them in advance online. Last Dec/Jan we made the mistake of not buying them in advance. We spent quite a bit more by buying at the gate.

Malcon10t
11-04-2006, 08:08 AM
One and 2 day tickets are the same price at the gate and online. ($83 and $116) They can be purchased cheaper thru some credit unions. (An example http://www.tsaspecialservices.com/entertainment.htm) BUT, a three day ticket purchased in advance is $149, whereas at the gate it is $169. (And at the credit union is $138.

Malcon10t
11-04-2006, 08:10 AM
But it is possible they may be able to enjoy 3 days in the park, and they wouldn't know that until the week before the trip.
TIA!You can call and order the tickets from online and have them held at guest services or will call. (Will call is by DLH, around teh corner from Compass Books in DTD.)

backsthepack
11-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Oh, I had forgotten all about posting the will call thing. We ordered them online in July and did the will call. It worked out super.

dehnehsu
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
If your Dad and Stepmom live near a Safeway, you can pick up the 2 Day Park Hoppers for $116 each. It's near the Gift Cards rack and some Checkout stands. Cool Credit card type plastic ticket. ( Mickey Mouse is on the 2 day passes. age 10+ ) You can put it in your wallet and you wont forget them! If you have Safeways near you, You can always pick em up for your parents.

They are the actual ticket. Just bring it to the gates for admission.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-05-2006, 06:01 AM
The will call and Safeway thing is a good idea. I live right by Safeway, will check that out this week and see what they have here in WA state. My dad could pick them up once they figure out what day they are planning on coming.
The will call idea is a good one too. I will let them know both options. I really don't want them to wait until they get to DLR to get tickets, just one line we don't need to stand in.

Can park hoppers be upgraded? Say they buy a 2 day and then decide to upgrade to a 3 day? I know they can be upgraded to an AP, we did that 2 years ago, but they wouldn't want an AP, they haven't been in 25 years! :D

Malcon10t
11-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Can park hoppers be upgraded? Say they buy a 2 day and then decide to upgrade to a 3 day? I know they can be upgraded to an AP, we did that 2 years ago, but they wouldn't want an AP, they haven't been in 25 years! :DYes. They would pay the difference between the 2 day price paid and the gate price for a 3 day (which would be $53 each instead of $33 each if they did will call.) Also, Disney Stores have ticket media if they have a mall with a store.

sjcivilady
11-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Ordering online is easy and they are ready to pick up the same day (I think). I know I ordered my 3 day ticket the day before we left and then walked over to Guest Services late afternoon the day we arrived and picked up my ticket. So you can do it very last minute. And there was no line to wait in at 5:00 pm or so. (Guest services is to the left of the gates, near the lockers) I wanted to order online so I could use my rewards dollars.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks so much for all the great advice. I will tell them to do the tickets in advance, either online the night before they leave, at a Disney store, or at Safeway. Will save lots of hassles!