PDA

View Full Version : trip report Fri. Nov. 3, 2006

potzbie
11-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Coming home from a task in Santa Ana, I swung by Disneyland, because it was so close, and I didn't want to fight rush hour traffic. :) :) :)

No tree in Main Street yet. Ordinary flowers are in that circular spot.

The pumkins atop the entrance gate are gone.

The giant "candy corn" helping to spell "California" was gone from DCA plaza. But Goofy is on the final "A" and Mickey is on the initial "C", for a Christmas theme. -- Disneyland workers work fast, don't they?

I enter DL.

The piano player at Refreshment Corner today was ROBERT.
He re-confirmed that the old piano players, ALAN and JOHNNY, are no longer on the roster. :crying:
Robert admits to playing lots of medleys. One selection: "I love a piano" mixed with "Old piano roll blues".

I got to see the 5:00 pm show of the Princess Fair. It is located in the Fantasyland Theater, where "Snow White -- The Musical" used to be. I liked it. It was two hosts dressed in typical royal medieval clothes, who sang a song of introduction. "We" learned a royal dance. "We" marched around the Maypole (but it wasn't called a maypole). The princesses for this show were: MULAN; SNOW WHITE; AURORA. And while entering the theater, I had seen BELLE and CINDERELLA. Since the theater has benches, I appreciated the location that much more. (My ankles were sore today due to a minor mishap.)

I bought popcorn at the food stand at the Fantasyland Theater, just to munch on (and because the smell of popcorn is mighty-mighty!) My goodness, popcorn tastes good when there are princesses in front of it. :)

Dapper Dans were out on Main Street. Good and tight, as always.

I was shopping for a 2007 calendar. "Greetings from California" (DCA) had none. "Main St. Emporium" had one kind. But before I shell out ten dollars, I would have liked to have had a choice. I'll keep looking. It was okay, but I just want to see what is out there before I commit to scenes which could have been something better. The ideal calendar would have had the JUNGLE CRUISE and more interior scenes, instead of exterior scenes. -- Just a preference. Will there be more choices later? Or does DL only put out one kind of calendar?

No doubt about it. I've got to get to DCA and DL earlier to see the other shows. I want to see this HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL "pep rally" in DCA.

That is all the typing I'm doing this evening. "Say goodnight, Gracie."

Phantom2006
11-04-2006, 01:53 AM
So I am guessing you did not see the whole Dancing With the Stars filming? It was not that exciting.

Whittibo
11-04-2006, 05:49 AM
Ahhh.. we loved the Dancing with the Stars filming! My daughter and I are BIG fans. And this is the closest we have come to stardom and being on T.V. :)