PDA

View Full Version : New kid's menus? Looking for information

disneychick
11-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Can anyone tell me if the new kid's menus have been implemented in DL yet? I've been hearing about them in WDW, but don't know if any changes have been made yet to DL. Do we know yet what these new menus will be? I've looked at sites that have menus posted, but haven't seen anything updated recently.

Also, does anyone know whether the changes will also effect sit-down restaurants? I'm thinking Carnation Cafe, where I knew my son would enjoy the build-your-own PBJ. Are different options such as this disappearing in favor of a standard menu regardless of the restaurant? Or remaining, with new items added as well, or ?? I'd just like to be a little more prepared and know what to expect. I'm actually hoping for menus that will offer other options beside the typical mac n cheese and chicken nuggets - I just hope there's good variety.

Thanks! :)

evrythngwmn
11-03-2006, 10:10 PM
They have been updated. My friend and I were going to get our favorite kids meal at Taste Pilots (popcorn chicken, happy face potatoes) and it's now chicken tenders with carrots. We ended up going to Coke Corner instead. The kids meal there is a hot dog with a fruit cup or you can ask for chips as my friend did.

backsthepack
11-04-2006, 04:16 AM
I am actually thankful that they have changed the kids menus. I have one of the strange kid that prefers his veggies to anything else! So if he can get carrot sticks he will be a happy camper.

kohl
11-04-2006, 05:18 AM
I thought it was kinda funny that at the Halloween Treat, my son and I were eating the apples and carrots. He wasn't eating the candy! (Well, not until we got back to our room;) )

disneychick
11-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the info. So, there are different menus at different places, then? Is there any way to know in advance which restaurant offers which meals?

:)

MrsSmith
11-04-2006, 09:17 AM
At Rancho del Zocalo, my kids ordered the "kids meal" which consisted of a really small bean and cheese burrito, a bit of rice and a fruit cup. What I thought was interesting is that now if you want a child's soda to go with it, you have to ask someone for a child size soda cup.

Since I don't keep soda in the house, it's a rare treat for my kids so I let them have diet soda if we go out to eat.

Momtowolf
11-04-2006, 05:34 PM
At one place last weekend we got carrots instead of french fries...heck it's vacation...throw some fries in please!!! LOL

samkj
11-04-2006, 05:41 PM
At one place last weekend we got carrots instead of french fries...heck it's vacation...throw some fries in please!!! LOL
Fries are available upon request. My daughter(6 yo) gets apples with her Happy Meals at McDonalads, so I think she'll be thrilled with the fruit and carrots.

Malcon10t
11-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the info. So, there are different menus at different places, then? Is there any way to know in advance which restaurant offers which meals?

:)
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DisneylandMenus

I would look there first. It may not be updated completely yet, but will give you a decent idea.

hawaiimom
11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
My son loves the happy face potatoes. I hope they're not totally gone. Nice to have a choice though. With my picky eaters, I'm just happy if they eat.

Tinkermommy
11-04-2006, 09:19 PM
The happy face potatoes did not show on the menu at Taste Pilot's on Oct. 20; nor did the popcorn chicken, as previously mentioned.

Instead, the kids meal chicken selection was big chunks of breaded chicken and plain fries (or carrots).

The Plaza Inn at Disneyland also changed. They no longer offer a child's meal of pasta with Alfredo sauce, and replaced that with mac-and-cheese that is so bright orange it looks positively chemical. They still have the pasta and the Alfredo sauce, and they're still side by side, but they won't put them together in a child's portion.

We used to eat at Plaza Inn virtually every time we went (at least twice a month), but have not been back since I learned I'd have to pay $13 for an adult portion of pasta Alfredo for a child who loves it but can't eat even half of it...

I usually welcome change, but it seems like everytime we go, they've taken away something else my child likes to eat. We're pretty much down to breakfast, popcorn and churros now...:rolleyes:

stan4d_steph
11-08-2006, 06:54 PM
MousePlanet's Disneyland park guide has most of the menus for Disneyland up, that can be found by following this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=A00000).