PDA

View Full Version : What sites do you use for airfare?

Pages : [1] 2

splash
11-03-2006, 06:44 PM
We are looking for airfare. I had found a good rate and didn't book it, and now it is gone. Where do you look for good airfare rates?

yenko427
11-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey splash, I am from Longview too. I booked Alaska yesterday for 1/28-2/3. It was $248 roundtrip from Portland, non-stop.

funatdisney
11-03-2006, 06:54 PM
I really like jetblue, but I dont know if the have the service you would like. Their website is easy to use so you should find out this info quickly. Good luck

splash
11-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Jet Blue doesn't fly from here to there. But others have mentioned them too. I am really upset, yesterday there were fares from PDX to LAX for $218 and I didn't book it, now it is gone.

splash
11-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Yenko, where in Longview are you? I'll try Alaska again thanks!

yenko427
11-03-2006, 07:53 PM
I live in W. Longview, all my life. When are you heading down and where are you planning on staying. We are actually supposed to be there right now and had to cancel earlier this week due to an ill four year old.

splash
11-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh, that's right, I read your post. How is your little one? We live in W. Longview also - Robbins addition. We are headed that way on Dec. 13-20. I am very excited! You will be glad that you waited to go (disappointed of course about not being there, but better when no one is sick). We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel (it is a splurge!)

yenko427
11-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Just a few blocks from me! We were to stay at DLH too and got a great deal for the four nights. As we had to cancel, it was going to cost me around $700 more to do the same trip at the end of Jan. We opted to stay at HoJo's instead. A bit disappointed but at least we are going. I think we will probably go in Sept. or Nov. of 2007 too if they are running the same special.

samkj
11-04-2006, 07:24 AM
I like kayak.com I just typed in your dates and United had $224 PDX-LAX for Dec 13-20 booking on Orbitz.

splash
11-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks for all your help! I just checked United and the fare was $218 from PDX to LAX so I booked it! Now it is official! Yenko, isn't it funny that we live in the same town. Maybe we even know each other.

hlbtimes2
11-04-2006, 07:46 AM
I usually use travelocity. They have a great fare finder if your dates arent set in stone. I'll often use it to find the airfare, then plan my trip around those dates. Our last DL trip I used their site to find the fare, then booked it as part of a package with Disney travel.

RockDoc07
11-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Although they don't fly everywhere I am a HUGE fan of Southwest. I try to fly them anywhere I need to go as often as possible. Not only are the employees usually very attentive, friendly, and funny and make flights more enjoyable, if you book enough in advance (and again with some flexibility) they are DIRT cheap. Like, Chicago to Long Island 39 bucks cheap. Also, their frequent flyer program is free to join (like most I believe) but it's very easy to earn a free trip because they don't do it by miles, just by credits and you get 1 credit each flight you take, so a round trip is 2. So 8 round trips, bang, freebie. Our recent trip To Disneyland was paid for that way.

For the OP, I just put Portland to LAX into thei rreservation and it came up 99 bucks one way, not including taxes. I didn't know what dates you were flying though. Good luck!

Cool Runnings
Doc

disneyhound
11-04-2006, 09:20 AM
We are served by a small regional airport, with only one airline, united. I check expedia.com and unitedescapes.com for comparisons. We book hotel and airfare together. Orbitz, travelocity and priceline always are priced higher for the same packages as expedia and unitedexpress! We try to stay across the street at BWPPI, Carousel or Tropicanna... Prices this year are running about 20% more than last year.

mad4mky
11-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Although they don't fly everywhere I am a HUGE fan of Southwest.

Doc

Southwest it the one airline I try to avoid. I hate the 'cattle call' seating arrangements. There are reasons why I feel this way...but I won't get into it here. I am flying them tommorrow though, as for last minute reservations, they were the cheapest.

I usually fly American down to DLR. From San Jose to Orange County they basically have the same flight times as Southwest...and usually cost me about $20 less per person. Plus, I like having an assigned seat.

But, before I book directly on AA...I always check with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz.

99% of the time, I book directly with the airlines.:)

kimi911
11-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Sometimes it's good to use the mass systems to find which flights from all carriers (or most) will be operating, but then book directly through the airline's website, for a few dollars cheaper, or to make sure your miles are applied or something.

Abby's Mom
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I check all and usually end up booking with alaska airlines, they fly direct from PDX to Santa Anna, and I like direct. Also, with their vacation packages I seem to beat expedia's deals and you can cancel within 4 hours for no reason, a good deal with a kit.

JosieGirl71
11-06-2006, 08:13 PM
I just wanted to say hi to splash and yenko (love the name, BTW). I am from west Longview too! It's a small world! :fez:

splash
11-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Boy it really is a small world isn't it. Oh no, now the tune is stuck in my head - aaahhhh. We'll have to hang out and talk about Disneyland!!

On another note, just made my final payment on the trip and should get the documents by end of November. Color me so excited!! Woot Woot

yenko427
11-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Holy cow, isn't that funny that we are all on this site reading up on info. on our upcoming trips (and three of us are from good ol' Longview). For all of you, we are about one hour north of Portland, OR.
I am definitely ready to go, especially since I was mentally there last week but just not physically. I think we have like 79 days to go.

JosieGirl71
11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Not only are we all from Longview but it sounds like we are all living in the same part of Longview!

Our next trip to DL isn't until this summer and we are driving. DH wishes we were flying this time but we are going with my BIL and SIL so we are going to caravan down. :)

splash
11-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok, it looks like I'll have to share my experience when I get back. Then we can all visit through each others trips. Woo hoo Who knew that there were so many from Longview. Disney magic works wonders

JosieGirl71
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Ok, it looks like I'll have to share my experience when I get back. Then we can all visit through each others trips. Woo hoo Who knew that there were so many from Longview. Disney magic works wonders
Is this your first time at DL during Christmas time? Our first family trip to DL was during December 2004. It was beautiful!

splash
11-07-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm sure that I was there when I was a child (we lived in Fullerton) and made yearly trips there to visit grandparents after we moved. I don't remember the Christmas decorations and I know there was no snow, so I am really excited. My birthday is in December as well, so this will be really special for me (my husband and son too, of course) We started taking our son to Disneyland when he was 5 (we've now taken him 7 times - he's now 12). He loves it! I am so glad that he felt the magic that I always have!

JosieGirl71
11-07-2006, 08:26 PM
The 2004 Christmas trip was the first time our boys went. They are now 17 and 13 and the oldest one wants nothing to do with it. Our 13 year old is excited for our June trip though.

I bet our kids go to school together! I have been on here for a couple of years and have never talked to anyone from Longview. Good to "see" you!

Crazy4DL
11-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I usually use travelocity. They have a great fare finder if your dates arent set in stone. I'll often use it to find the airfare, then plan my trip around those dates.

That is exactly what I do too - when I can. We almost always fly Alaska Air from either Seattle or Spokane. Our next trip though we are driving down. We can save LOTS of money since we are always such a large group going.

Can hardly wait to see DL again . . . and I was just there in August. :p