PDA

View Full Version : AP In-person renewal much easier now

nightdesigns
11-03-2006, 10:59 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so in case anyone was wondering ...

The last time I renewed my AP's in person, I had to wait in long line in DL to just get a re-print of the card.

This time was different and much improved. My pass had been expired for about 2 months. I went to the ticket booth, gave them my info, they looked me up, asked if anything changed, payed my dues and they printed my temporary ticket and told me to head to Gest Services in DCA first thing to pick up my passes.

By the time I got there, the passes were printed up, I just gave them my temp pass and they gave me my permanent one.

I also didn't have a problem getting into DL since it was technically a blocked out day. Naturally the pass didn't go through, the guy looked at it, asked if I got it today, said yes, and he let it go through.

This is a vast improvement over the last time I had to renew.

drjones
11-03-2006, 04:06 PM
this happened when my family renewed our passes last year. I wasn't too happy with it this way, because we didn't want to go to DCA. We wanted breakfast at the Riverbelle. So we would have to wait in line for DCA then DL or deal with the temporary pass until we were ready to go to DCA. They should give you the option of having it printed out in DL or DCA. Better yet, wh not print it out at the ticket booth, it doesn't take too long?

kikid
11-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so in case anyone was wondering ...

The last time I renewed my AP's in person, I had to wait in long line in DL to just get a re-print of the card.

This time was different and much improved. My pass had been expired for about 2 months. I went to the ticket booth, gave them my info, they looked me up, asked if anything changed, payed my dues and they printed my temporary ticket and told me to head to Gest Services in DCA first thing to pick up my passes.

By the time I got there, the passes were printed up, I just gave them my temp pass and they gave me my permanent one.

I also didn't have a problem getting into DL since it was technically a blocked out day. Naturally the pass didn't go through, the guy looked at it, asked if I got it today, said yes, and he let it go through.

This is a vast improvement over the last time I had to renew.
This is great news! I need to buy my Ap (mine ha expiered as well) on Sunday before 9am. Can I go into DL instead of DCA to pick up my passes?

ghoofie
11-04-2006, 08:32 AM
this happened when my family renewed our passes last year. I wasn't too happy with it this way, because we didn't want to go to DCA. We wanted breakfast at the Riverbelle. So we would have to wait in line for DCA then DL or deal with the temporary pass until we were ready to go to DCA. They should give you the option of having it printed out in DL or DCA. Better yet, wh not print it out at the ticket booth, it doesn't take too long?

We did it recently too. I planned on going back to get my perm. card
later because DCA wasn't even open yet. The drawback was that we could
not get FP with the temporary. It has no barcode. Some of our party still had
perm. cards not expired. We went to get a FP at Indy and a CM was nice enough to give me a FP. By the time we went to DCA there was no line to get into the park...and I literaly walked right up to the counter to get my perm. card. So it wasn't all that bad.. I wish the temporary would let you get FP then you can go to DCA whenever you want. That might have helped your situation too.

cstephens
11-04-2006, 09:25 AM
When I went on Tuesday, my friend renewed her pass, which had expired back in March or something like that. We went to Guest Relations (next to the lockers and near the picnic area), and she paid for her pass, and they printed it out right there. Then we went into Disneyland. Not sure about this temp pass thing, but honestly, it would never have occurred to me to go to a ticket booth since I know they can't print out APs there. I think there was one person in line ahead of her, so the whole process probably took about 10 minutes. Worked great.