PDA

View Full Version : Character Meals in December

mowsluver
11-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Can anyone give me any information or links on the Character Meals? Breakfast or luch will be fine!
I am putting together a surprise trip for the weekend of Dec 16/17 for my (grown) kids. It is a birthday/1st anniversary/xmas present for them. I have a great ticket deal for 2-day park hoppers, looking into a hotel for them for Fri/Sat nights, and would like to get them a cool meal! It is something they would NEVER do for themselves but they will truly enjoy it!:D
They are both in the Marine Corps and will be going 'overseas' for a long period of time so I want to make this something that they will never forget!!
Any ideas? What meals have any of you enjoyed? I sure would appreciate any information!!!!

MammaSilva
11-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Lou, Miss Minnie! It's in the park, there's lots of character interaction and the food is good. You can make PS's for them and buy some disney bucks and send it to them to cover the meal!

mowsluver
11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks Margaret! Sounds like fun!! But I just realized something...do the characters interact (even briefly) with the adults? I want this to be a trip they will never forget! If I were able to be there, of course I would be "mom" and tell everyone how proud I am of them, etc and embarrass the heck out of them!:D
I have a package I am sending them to surprise them, with each little thing wrapped seperately (camera batteries, snacks, map, etc) until they get to the tickets and realize what it is....
I am looking into an inexpensive hotel too, as they have no bed and are sleeping on the floor, they need a good night's rest to go to The Happiest Place on Earth!!!!

MammaSilva
11-02-2006, 10:14 AM
They're Marines ;) they are used to roughing it, but seriously check the HoJo for the best rates, go to MouseSavers.com for the hottest deals, it's an easy walk to the park and if you contact them and tell them you're from MousePlanet you get really sweet deals ... and yes the characters totally interact with adults unless the adults indicate they want to be left alone, but since they are AT a character meal the assumption is they want the interaction...

mowsluver
11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks again. Margaret! I will do that! They have had a rough year being apart, and now they will be seperated again for a long period of time....
I am so excited and I am not the one going!!??:D