PDA

View Full Version : Surprising Daughter With Birthday Trip

Mickey Mojo
11-02-2006, 05:17 AM
We just booked a trip to DL for 1/31-2/4. We're surprising our soon to be 6 year old daughter and taking her there for her birthday on 2/2. We will be staying at the DL Hotel and are beyond excited. Both my DH and I have always wanted to stay there, so we finally just splurged a little and decided to do it.

Is there anything in/around the hotel that we shouldn't miss?? I have heard about a koi pond, any other neat places or things to do in the actual hotel??

On a side note, it's kinda funny 'cause our 3 year old keeps telling her we're going to Disneyland, but she doesn't believe him, lol.

splash
11-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Let's see the not to be missed things at the Disneyland Hotel... Be sure to check out the pool, the theme is great! Also, there are remote control boats to drive somewhere near the koi ponds. These are not your ordinary koi ponds, there are also waterfalls. Check out Goofy's kitchen - your children will love it (it is spendy). When you walk to and from the parks, you will pass under a giant sorceror's hat - get a picture. When you get there, ask for the Sierra tower (it is closest to the park). Also check out the grounds and see the decorations! Have a wonderful time (your daughter will be the perfect age and should be able to capture the magic). Hopefully it will stay with her always. You will love the decorations in the room too! What a cool thing to do for her birthday - she will love it!

Malcon10t
11-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Let's see the not to be missed things at the Disneyland Hotel... Be sure to check out the pool, the theme is great! Also, there are remote control boats to drive somewhere near the koi ponds. These are not your ordinary koi ponds, there are also waterfalls. Do they still have the Koi feedings? When my kids (now 16-21) were little (2-7) we used to go each morning out for Koi feedings. The kids loved that. My now 18yo almost ended up swimming with them when he fed them one morning. (He was about 4.)

Mickey Mojo
11-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Cool thanks so much! I'm keeping a list, lol. :D