PDA

View Full Version : January advice

yenko427
11-01-2006, 11:47 AM
OK all you AP holders and January DL goers,
Since I had to cancel our trip this morning due to a child being ill, I am looking at dates in January (open any dates and prefer the least amount of people as possible).
I noticed on an old posting that kids are back in school in CA on 1/8. There is a holiday in there as well.
Any advice for a gal from WA State that will be taking her family? I plan on staying at DLH. I see some package offers right now but I am wondering if I should wait or book now?

mjjpower
11-01-2006, 12:22 PM
We are from WA as well. We are headed to Disneyland on the 10th for 5 nights. Airfare through Alaska went down this past week. Last week it was over $300 per person! I just about died! Luckily I didn't book it then...got much better airfare this week. I have heard from people that January is pretty quiet...I'm crossing my fingers!

yenko427
11-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info. Just a side note. When we have booked air through Alaska in the past, if the rate goes down and you have already paid at the higher rate, they will credit you the difference. This happened to me before with a Vegas trip. I am not sure if they do it for packages.
Did you do all your package through Alaska or just your air? I noticed Costco was doing a free character breakfast and a $20 gift card on top of the promos that are running now.
I am leaning towards 1/30 to 2/3/07. If anyone knows of events on these days that may impact our trip please let me know.

mjjpower
11-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I only did my airfare with Alaska...I'm leaning towards Costco myself. Someone mentioned though that in January they might have Kid's Hopper Passes free with a purchase of an adults...so now I am thinking I may wait on that portion of it.