PDA

View Full Version : DCA hours/Electrical Parade: January 1-7

pisces
11-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Disney is claiming that they will be running the Electrical Parade all the way till Jan 7.

Ok.

The Electrical Parade starts at 8:45 p.m.

Yet, they are showing DCA closing at 8:00 pm, that week.

???????

Maybe it's a glitch.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20070101&span=4&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=false&parkDTD=false

An Omen of how things are going to be that week?

I won't be there, so .....whatever....I guess.

Darkbeer
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Disneyland.com schedule...

Home of Major Glitches....

Who knows if the Electrical Parade will be offered at 8 PM, or not at all.

But DCA will be open late all that eek, as Disney expects large crowds for the first week of January, as many schoolkids now get a 3 week Chrsitmas break.

pisces
11-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't consider 8pm.....open late....then again for DCA I guess it is.

Actually, maybe I will be there, that week, if I'm gonna have an AP.

I just noticed that other than the 1st and the 6th.....Jan 1-7 is not a blocked out week....

...which is another clue about how it's gonna be that week. ---If Disneyland is expecting large crowds.....why not block out the whole week?

Anyway, I have a mind to show up just to see if they stick to the schedule and do everything they say they're gonna do...that week.

It's nice that they're intending to leave the tree up a little bit longer than last year, it seems.

grimgrinningirl
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
I was thinking about going Jan. 3rd (Wed.) I know it will be somewhat busy, but will it be crazy like Xmas or Thanksgiving time? Do they close turnstiles or rope off areas of the park during this time of year? I would love to see the electrical parade (if happening) but I don't think a day of wall-to-wall people is worth it.

Malcon10t
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
But DCA will be open late all that eek, as Disney expects large crowds for the first week of January, as many schoolkids now get a 3 week Chrsitmas break.I don't know about SoCal, but in N. CA, the majority of schools aren't out til Dec 22, with 2 weeks off, returning Jan 8-9. I would expect the week of Dec 17-21 to be quieter than Jan 3-6. I love that they will be keeping all the decorations up thru Jan 7!!

Rhiannon8404
11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Here's how mixed up "Christmas Vacation/Winter Break" is...in my school district alone we have 3 different break schedules depending on if you are charter school, traditional or year round. Our modified traditional schools are on the same schedule as the traditional schools.

You are either off from Dec 18 until Jan 2, Dec 25 until Jan 8, or you're off the whole month of December until Jan 2.

IdahoMike
11-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Pisces, you had me worried, stating that the AP's are blocked out on the 1st and 6th, until I realized that it was only the SoCal pass. Deluxe is only blocked out on the 1st, which doesn't affect our vacation!:D