PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Terrace Dining questions

disneyrox
10-31-2006, 08:35 AM
We were at DL on Saturday and had lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace. We got in line and DS#2 noticed there were no burgers on the menu. A nice person in line in front of us mentioned that we were on the "healthy" side (sandwiches, salads on the menu). So we moved over to the dark side (unhealthy side?:) ) to get burgers. Then DS#1 decided he wanted a sandwich. So DH and I had to "divide and conquer" to get the food we wanted.

My question is...does anyone know if you can order the sandwiches from the burger side or vice versa?

And my other question is...DH forgot to show his AP for our dining discount - is there anything we could have done about that after the fact?

Thanks!

disneyrox
11-01-2006, 08:01 AM
So I guess 95 views but no response means nobody knows the answer? :confused:

MouseWife
11-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I guess I am view 96 but I don't really know the answer, either.

But, I'll give an opinion.

My daughter is Vegan and very particular about how her food is prepared. I don't know if they would 'cross prepare' or 'cross serve' the food for the reason of the lighter side being upset.

But, it doesn't say Vegan so I don't think that people would even care as much as those who don't want dairy, meat, fat, etc. But maybe they've had an incident so they've seperated them? Again, opinion, not any type of fact.

The dining discount. Hmm. I would think immediately after he was charged they could go back and fix it. I don't know if it was worth it {how large your order was} to go back, wait in line, and then have them fix it.

I am a cashier and I know we can fix things like that. But, I also know a lot of the newbies would rather not because you can really screw it up if not done properly.

Sorry if this wasn't the info that you wanted but I didn't want to be another view without a 'view'. :fez:

Also, I am glad to have read your thread because I had no idea about this dining option. We love sandwiches and burgers, too. Nice to know this place offers both, even if we have to split up.

disneyrox
11-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks for your response, MouseWife...even if you didn't have an answer! :)

I couldn't tell if the CMs could get back and forth between the 2 sides of the restaurant, so wasn't sure if they'd be willing to go to the other side...or if the registers would even allow them to ring all the different stuff.

We've had times where a CM in one of the shops forgot to apply the discount and they've fixed it right away. DH didn't realize he forgot to show the card until I looked at the receipt and pointed it out. The lines were running about 15-20 minutes, so I didn't feel it was worth standing in line that long again just to ask if they could fix it. (It would have been about $5 savings.) So next time, I'll just nag DH so he remembers. :D

MouseWife
11-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks for your response, MouseWife...even if you didn't have an answer! :)

So next time, I'll just nag DH so he remembers. :D

No problem! :D

I don't know, either, if they can go all around. Before they could but if they've changed the menus, I can't say.

Oh, and I have to do that {nag} also. I mean, it all helps to pay for the AP in the end which he gripes about buying so....;)

disneyrox
11-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Luckily, my husband doesn't gripe about the buying the AP...although he wasn't sure we actuallly needed to get the premium one - and this is our first year of having one. :D

emmah
11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't know if this helps because I haven't eaten there since it was still the club buzz cafe but when I was there last year, the two sides had different menus and the 2nd time I ate there I ended up on the wrong side (I went back for the yummy roast vege sandwich I'd had earlier in the week) and the sandwich was not on the menu of the side I , but they happily got it for me from the other side.

MouseWife
11-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Well there ya go! Very good to know. Thanks, emmah.

And, disneyrox, ha, I know my Hubby would not see the benefits of having a premium...living as close as we do he knows I would be nagging him to go every week!!!

Congrats on your first!

ladodgerjon
11-01-2006, 03:39 PM
One time I made a VERY large purchase and forgot to use my premium pass for the discount.

We cancelled the sale (refunded the credit card), and then did the entire sale over again-- this time applying the discount.

I've forgotten to use the discount several times, and just walked away being upset at myself. In this instance, because the purchase was for nearly $300, I was determined to save whatever I could-- even if it meant creating a hassle for the CM (no, there wasn't a line of folks behind me, and the CM was extremely gracious).

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

disneyrox
11-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks, Emmah, that actually does help! We only had to buy one item from the healthy side, so maybe they wouldn't mind going over for one thing.

Mousewife, we live about 45 minutes from the park and it's all I can do to not ask to go every week! We've been averaging about once every 2-3 weeks since we moved here in August.

Ladodgerjon, I would definitely go back for that big of a discount! We had one day back in September where CMs at 2 different stores forgot to apply the discount, even though I had shown them the pass and they had acknowledged seeing it. In the one case, I had purchased a gift card, along with other items so getting that corrected took quite a while, but the CM was very apologetic while fixing his mistake.

The other day, though, my kids were eager to go on Space Mountain (yes, right after eating lunch!) so we didn't figure it was worth standing in line for - especially not knowing if they would refund us the difference.