PDA

View Full Version : Pin trading

jillshumway
10-31-2006, 07:03 AM
My kids loved Pin Trading last year when we were at Disney anyone know of good free promotions for getting pins. I just ordered the Disney visa so I can get there free pins 4 times a year. Most travel places offer a set with booking. Free pin w/ when you spend $20 on pins the first sunday of the month. ANyone know of another good way to get pins cheap? My kids just trade them so it doesn't mater what they look like as long as they are able to trade them. Thanks Jill

Whittibo
10-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Get Away Today sent us one for each child (unusual) and I went to the Character Warehouse and bought 3 for each kid and 3 for me at $4 each, then we trade those. Still paying for them, but not nearly as much as paying full price in the park for ones you're going to give away.

oregontraveler
10-31-2006, 07:09 AM
You could try a Disney store. The outlet/liquidation stores are good too. I picked up some 50th golden pins and saved a few bucks each.

jillshumway
10-31-2006, 07:11 AM
last year on disney fruit snacks they had a coupon that if you collected 3 of them you could trade it in for a pin at disney they were cute pins tea cups with moving parts. They kids kept them and didn't want to trade.
Jill

canadianmom
10-31-2006, 07:27 AM
In order to be ready for our upcoming trip I bought a number of pins on ebay so our kids and my neice and nephew will have pins to start trading with.

WITron
10-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Right now at the Disney Stores they have some of the halloween pins for sale for $2.99. Another place to look for inexpensive pins is dizpins.com. They have a sale section on the message board.

TTFN92
11-01-2006, 06:21 AM
I just bought a bunch on eBay for my kids for Christmas. Since I was buying them for trading I didn't really care what they were just how cheap they were. I ended up getting a few really cool pins. One was Cpt. Barbossa on the ship. His arm holding his sword moves and it only cost me $.99. The way I did it was bid on something and then if I got it I only bid on that person's items so I could combine shipping. I didn't want to pay $3 for shipping only one pin. I ended up winning 8 pins from one lady and paid $23.

I was wondering what you meant by getting the pins through Disney Visa. We just got ours and am trying to figure out all the perks :D .

jillshumway
11-01-2006, 06:26 AM
I was wondering what you meant by getting the pins through Disney Visa. We just got ours and am trying to figure out all the perks :D .

I read the disney visa perks thread and they offer free pins 4 times a year you can get them at disney or online I don't know all the details but I am going to look into it. I think it was one one of the last few pages of the thread. Jill

Tinker Bell
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Disney visa pins are not free the cost $6-$10. But you can only buy them if you have a visa. It exclusive thing.

WITron
11-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Right now the seasonal visa pin series is Mickey through the years. The first one was Steamboat Willie, then Pie Eyed Mickey and the last one was Sorcerer's Apprentice. The first two were real easy to get online, but the Sorcerer's Apprentice didn't even last 2 weeks online, but you could still get them from the parks.

The one thing that I would highly recommend is really do some research as there are pins that are called "scrappers" out there. These pins are not authorized by Disney. Most of the scrapper pins are pins that were produed by the company after the official run was through. The other thing to look out for is some so called "error" pins. The most notable ones are the supprise surfboard pins. The real pins have the correct spelling and are a limited edition.

If you are interested in starting to collect pins as a more serious hobby, I highly recomend dizpins.com and pinpics.com. Dizpins is an online community of pin traders and through pinpics you can set up trades online.