PDA

View Full Version : Best place to book your vacation?

jillshumway
10-31-2006, 07:00 AM
WE are going to take our 5 kids to DL in Feb or march. Last year my husband work booked the hotel(busness trip for him) I got the tickets at AAA buy adult get a kid free. This year we will also be on a business trip(DH works and we play) I can book the hotel and his work will pay $100 each night. we will drive so I only need hotel and 3 adult 5 day park hopper and 3 kid park hopper(baby is free). Is it best to get a package or part it out? The promo for tickets right now is everyone pays as a child. Costco travel wanted 3,300 for 6 nights at a hotel (1 mile away) and the tickets.

I have some time but not sure best way to book it. websites are hard because they don't have 5 children as an option. WE can get away with 2 queen beds because the 3 little ones have travel beds. We would love free breakfast at the hotel great way to start the day. Any tips would be appreciated you are all so Savey when it comes to disney.

Whittibo
10-31-2006, 07:13 AM
With 5 kids, I highly suggest the Residence Inn in Garden Grove. We are here now and it's our 3rd year here. Get the Kids Suite. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and a front room area. And a free buffet breakfast and dinner snack things Mon-Thurs.

I have booked 6 of our last 7 vacations through Get Away Today and LOVE it. This year we got 4th night free, so staying 8 nights, we only paid for 6. It's $200 a night, but those free nights are awesome!

I also highly suggest getting AP's if this is going to be an annual thing. If you plan it just right, you can use them this year, (get the parking on your pass, it saves a lot too!) and then if you can get in next years trip before your expiration date, then you don't have ticket costs next year.

DangerMouse
10-31-2006, 07:30 AM
You also might want to wait a bit on purchasing your parkhoppers. Chances are, they might include the "kids play free" deal during this same time, but they just haven't announced it yet.

mjjpower
10-31-2006, 08:16 AM
What I see is that Everyone Plays for the price of a kid....do you think they will change this to kids play free? We are booking our January trip and I just booked my airfare but I could wait on the tickets I guess.

darph nader
10-31-2006, 08:27 AM
What whittibo said. Getawaytoday,we've used them plenty of times,never a worry. Plus,you can catch some smokin' deals.

mjjpower
10-31-2006, 08:37 AM
I was checking my packages between Costco and Getaway today...Costco included so much more than getaway today...like the $150 gift card, an extra $20 gift card, a free character breakfast...maybe I just missed this at getaway today but it was all clearly outlined on the coscto page.

Rteneyck
10-31-2006, 08:39 AM
I love getaway today. They have some of the best prices around. Plus, they are awesome to work with.

Malcon10t
10-31-2006, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=mjjpower]I was checking my packages between Costco and Getaway today...Costco included so much more than getaway today...like the $150 gift card, an extra $20 gift card, a free character breakfast...maybe I just missed this at getaway today but it was all clearly outlined on the coscto page.[/QUOTEIs the Costco package the same price or cheaper? Is the hotel better than Getawaytoday.com?

And yes, they often change to a "Kids play free" promotion in Jan. They changed last year after running the "Everyone plays" prices.

Boo's Mommy
10-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Are they better priced than AAA or trying to get AP discounts on rooms? Also, do they do 1 night trips also? I tried on thier website, but only saw min of 2 nights. Do they not offer that or is it something you need to call personally? We just got back from our 5 day DLR vacation and my mind is set to plan another mini one in the next few months!

Malcon10t
10-31-2006, 08:46 AM
I have some time but not sure best way to book it. websites are hard because they don't have 5 children as an option. WE can get away with 2 queen beds because the 3 little ones have travel beds. We would love free breakfast at the hotel great way to start the day. Any tips would be appreciated you are all so Savey when it comes to disney.I like GetAwayToday, because you can book it as 4 to get teh beds right, then add a childs ticket. They usually have teh best deals around. Compare the prices, but also compare the hotels you are staying at.

Also, remember you can use Hotwire since you aren't opposed to staying a mile away. People often report getting excellent prices on a couple of the very nice hotels about a mile away.

momuvseven
10-31-2006, 09:31 AM
I love GetAwayToday! They always find us exactly what we need. I would ask for the Residence Inn as mentioned above. Call them on the phone and they are wonderful to work with. I think it is 1-866-GetAway. You may also like the Homewood. I would think six nights with parkhoppers will be about $1400 max.

The great thing is once you select your package you just need a $150 deposit to hold it and the remainder thirty days in advance. If you need to change anything it is $10 and $50 if you have to cancel completely.

I love having a kitchenette with the kids because it just makes it a lot more like home. The places with kitchens usually will also do your shopping and stock the fridge, doesn't cost you anything but the cost of the food. That way you can be at Disney playing instead of shopping with five kids. I have them stock up bottled water, capri sun, popsycles, chips, sandwhich supplies and pop. If your kids are like mine they want a snack every few minutes.

cwillis
10-31-2006, 10:39 AM
I always find good deals on southwestvacations.com

also i prefer the alpine inn as a cheap clean good neighbor hotel.

yenko427
10-31-2006, 10:54 AM
We purchased ours through Alaska Air (air, shuttle, hoppers and DLH) and got all the current specials such as Resort Magic and an additional 10% off the overall total price of the package. It also was $100 for travel vacation protection which we actually may be using if my son does not feel better.