PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Question: Winchester to DLR

babytmakes5
10-30-2006, 10:09 AM
I hope this is the right place to ask, but I'd like to know what to expect for traffic when we drive to Anaheim on the 13th. We will be leaving my grandmother's house in Winchester (sort of by Murrieta off the 15) and plan on driving to DLR early in the morning. I have to assume Monday morning traffic will be awful, but how awful will it be? It is approximately 60 miles--should we expect a 2 hour drive? We will take I-15 to Hwy 91 toward Anaheim. I'm hoping someone on this board has experience with this particular route. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Frogberto
10-30-2006, 11:19 AM
It will be awful for the portion from the 15/215 to the 55 freeway, since you are in the middle of Monday Morning rush hour on one of the most overcrowded freeways in the state.

However, I'd advise you to use the carpool lanes and fastrak, if you have it, or even consider the alternate route of Highway 74/Ortega Highway to the 5 freeway north, which may be faster.

Have a great time!

babytmakes5
10-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Thank you, Frogberto! We'll keep that alternate route in mind. I guess the awful traffic jams will make us all the more excited to be at DLR, right? :)

briangl
10-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Can't you drive in the 91 express lanes without fasttrack if you have a carpool?

newhdplayer
10-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Can't you drive in the 91 express lanes without fasttrack if you have a carpool?

No.

adriennek
10-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I have to assume Monday morning traffic will be awful, but how awful will it be? It is approximately 60 miles--should we expect a 2 hour drive?

What time are you planning to leave? How early? The northbound 15 to the 91 can be backed up as late as 8:30. There's no carpool lane until you get onto the 91.

And no, you cannot ever use the FastTrack lanes on the 91 without a box, even with a carpool.

Adrienne

babytmakes5
10-31-2006, 04:32 AM
What time are you planning to leave? How early? The northbound 15 to the 91 can be backed up as late as 8:30. There's no carpool lane until you get onto the 91.

Adrienne
Our plan is to leave my grandmother's home by 6:00 am--with three young children this may be a big challenge, but that's the plan. We were planning on this being a two hour drive, so once we get to our hotel and check in and get settled (I'm sure our room won't be ready, but we can relax in the lobby for a while or just window shop at DTD), we'll have plenty of time before the gates open. What do you think? We're from Minnesota, and we're not used to planning so much for traffic :geek:....I really appreciate all the advice...

spectromen
10-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Lake Elsinore to Corona alone will be 45 minutes at that hour. I feel for you - that's why I commute that route via train :rolleyes: