PDA

View Full Version : Need to find inexpensive rental car

splash
10-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Okay, I finally found cheap airfares, but now I need to find a good place to get a rental car that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Any input would be appreciated. We will be flying into LAX - if that helps (for 7 days and 6 hours) Thanks for input!

hlbtimes2
10-30-2006, 08:15 AM
I've had good luck with Alamo "hot deals". You can't book the hot deals until a few days before the trip, but I find them to be worth the wait. You can also check mousesaver.com for discount codes. If you are a costco member, go to costco.com, and seach for car rentals. They always have discounts and specials. Or buy an entertainment book- there is always discounts in there as well.

Darkbeer
10-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Hotwire.com is a good place to start... They only use 3 main companies (Avis, Budget and Hertz).

Just type in your dates to see their prices, then try and find something cheaper...

babytmakes5
10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
AAA only uses Hertz, but we got a really good rate on a mini-van. Enterprise actually had the best prices, but since we arrive at LAX so late at night, we had to find a rental company that is open 24 hrs a day. Keep that in mind if you arrive on a late-night flight. Have fun!