PDA

View Full Version : Going with a first-timer, any suggestions?

mushroom
10-29-2006, 10:40 PM
We are going the 10-15th of December, My friend has never been before and is taking leave so he can join us around the 14th probably. Any suggestions for must dos for a first timer?

10-30-2006, 04:21 AM
Start with a train ride from Main Street all the way back to Main Street. It'll give your friend a great perspective.

Since it looks like you only have two days with your friend, are you thinking only Disneyland, no DCA?

jdee
10-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Try not to get to excited to show them everything and tell them everything. I know sometimes I overwhelm first timers with to much info. Let them discover things.:D

Leap for Joy
10-30-2006, 05:19 AM
I think my first time was awesome because I didn't have to make any decisions. I went with my sister and her family and she took charge. I just followed along and took everything in.

Bytebear
10-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Walk, do not run from ride to ride. Take time to smell the roses and enjoy the ambiance. Take advantage of Fast pass, but don't rely on a schedule. I like the train idea, but I love the walk down main street toward the castle. That would be the first thing I would do, and then get some pictures in front of the castle. Move on from there. I tend to go counter-clockwise around the park, but you can go any way you want. If you are going early, hit Peter Pan first or you will never get on.

mistofviolets
10-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Ask him what he wants to do. And try to do that first. And if its "silly", go with the flow anyways.

I remember going with my cousin as a teenager, hadn't been since I was little. I wanted to soak in some ambience, but couldn't articulate that very well. Ended up feeling rushed, then standing in line forever...to rush some more. I had fun...but could really have enjoyed a couple days worth and was disappointed we didn't get to sit for the fireworks. I think she'd have had more fun taking time to sit back too. :)

canadianmom
10-31-2006, 07:32 AM
Stand back and watch them watch everything. We did that with our dd (5) last year as it was her first trip to DL. Our ds who was 10 enjoyed watching her watch for characters, check out rides, and he acted like he had never been before and everything she was telling him was new to him. We have some wonderful memories because of it being her first time.