PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Disneyland and WDW

Kricky
10-29-2006, 04:17 PM
My husband and I went to Disney World about 10 years ago for a week. We bought a package that included park-hopper tickets for the duration of our stay, as well as accommodations at a Disney property. When we arrived, we were handed a plastic card, like a credit card, that was our room key and park hopper ticket, and it provided verification that we were staying at a Disney property, which we used for early entry and to have things charged to our room. Only one card to keep track of. It was great!

They don't do that at Disneyland. (At least they didn't on our most recent stay). We just got back from 5-days at DL, where we bought a package that included accommodations at the Grand Californian and a 5-day park hopper ticket. We got a plastic card that was our room key. We got additional paper tickets that were the park-hopper tickets (get this: two 2-day passes and a 1-day pass!). Additionally, we were given an additional piece of paper that provided verification that we were Disney hotel guests. It was kindof a pain in the butt to have to keep track of all those things!

Why don't they streamline it like they do at WDW???

pisces
10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
But what if you lose that one card?

I'd want to keep the room key separate from the Park Hopper, and separate from the Hotel identification.

Boo's Mommy
10-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Actually, I like the idea of 1 card, especially staying at the GC. We just stayed there for 5 days also, and going in and out of the hotel at the private park entrance and between parks, i had to constantly get out the room keys, proof of hotel stay, my ap's etc. it'd be nice to only have to keep track of 1 thing, much easier.
Does WDW still have that 1 card option now? We're planning a trip there in 2008 and it's never too early to start planning!

Greg in TN
10-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Actually, I like the idea of 1 card ..... Does WDW still have that 1 card option now? We're planning a trip there in 2008 and it's never too early to start planning!

Yes, your room key card is also your park ticket, your Disney transportation pass ---AND your dining plan credit card if you purchase that plan. Really convenient. Seems curious that DL would still hand out PAPER park tickets ?!?!?

Drince88
10-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes, your room key card is also your park ticket, your Disney transportation pass ---AND your dining plan credit card if you purchase that plan. Really convenient. Seems curious that DL would still hand out PAPER park tickets ?!?!?
Yes, but the WDW APs are just as flimsy as the DL regular admission, but you're supposed to keep them for a year!

And if you get a WDW AP, it will not be on your room key, so you'd still have two things to keep track of.