PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Dinner

Wendi
10-29-2006, 10:55 AM
I really want to eat at Storyteller's Cafe for Thanksgiving, but the only available time is too late for us to eat and get to the airport on time for our flight home. I have booked the PCH Grill instead. What are my chances of someone cancelling an earlier PS at Storyteller's??? Do you think a lot of people hold multiple reservations until they figure out which one they want to keep, or am I probably out of luck at this point? I don't really think the meal is worth adding another day to the trip for. This will be our fist time at DLR for Thanksgiving, so I don't know what to expect restaurant-wise... in fact, I have never eaten in any restaurant on TG period.

Anyone have a PCH Grill review? I've never been there for any meal, will it be as good as Storyteller's? How about the atmosphere? I like the atmosphere at Storyteller's a lot, casual/elegant/warm/comfortable...

Oh... and if anyone here has a PS at Storyteller's that they are planning to cancel... could you give me first dibs??? ;)

cstephens
10-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Anyone have a PCH Grill review? I've never been there for any meal, will it be as good as Storyteller's? How about the atmosphere? I like the atmosphere at Storyteller's a lot, casual/elegant/warm/comfortable...

With the caveat that I haven't eaten at PCH Grill in a long, long, long, long time, and not since they changed the menu to what they presently serve, but if there's any way you can pick somewhere else, I'd suggest it. I've tried to make myself want to go and try it, but every time I look at the menu, it does nothing for me. It's mostly sandwiches and stuff, which wouldn't be my idea of a great Thanksgiving meal.

Wendi
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
With the caveat that I haven't eaten at PCH Grill in a long, long, long, long time, and not since they changed the menu to what they presently serve, but if there's any way you can pick somewhere else, I'd suggest it. I've tried to make myself want to go and try it, but every time I look at the menu, it does nothing for me. It's mostly sandwiches and stuff, which wouldn't be my idea of a great Thanksgiving meal.

They are having a Thanksgiving Buffet... no regular menu as far as I understand that night. If it were a character meal I'd be happier about the choice at least. hmmm... I'm not feeling great about this. I really, really want Storyteller's. Hopefully I'll catch a cancellation.

Rhiannon8404
10-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Have you considered the Thanksgiving meal at the DL hotel? We've eaten there twice and are going again this year. A huge buffet with both traditional and contemporary types of Thanksgiving foods. There is even a separate childrens buffet that is lower and easier for kids to get their own and has "kid friendly" food. Kids can eat from the grown up buffet, thought. My 8 yo did last year.

It is located in the DLH ballroom and they have characters at the far end of the ballroom for kids to meet and have their pictures with. They rotate out the characters hourly, I think. You might call dining services and see if they still have seating for that.

Wendi
10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Have you considered the Thanksgiving meal at the DL hotel? We've eaten there twice and are going again this year. A huge buffet with both traditional and contemporary types of Thanksgiving foods. There is even a separate childrens buffet that is lower and easier for kids to get their own and has "kid friendly" food. Kids can eat from the grown up buffet, thought. My 8 yo did last year.

It is located in the DLH ballroom and they have characters at the far end of the ballroom for kids to meet and have their pictures with. They rotate out the characters hourly, I think. You might call dining services and see if they still have seating for that.

I have thought about it, but it's really out of budget this year... not even sure if we'd be able to get a PS at this point. Thanks for the suggestion though, I think it's about twice as much as the other buffets. I remember last year wanting to go to DL on a whim by myself just for the meal!!!

pisces
10-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I wondered about Storytellers at Thanksgiving, and what they were having. I've not been for Thanksgiving, but I can tell you they were not great at their special New Years buffet.

I'm thinking Storytellers doesn't do a good job on Holiday Buffets, period.

I've been to Storytellers on New Years Eve, and New Years Day, and their dinner buffet---at those times, seemed very limited, from just regular days.

On the special New Years Dinner buffet, they didn't even have the famous Corn Chowder. They were missing a pasta dish I love too, by them.

I much more enjoyed just the regular non-Holiday dinner buffets at Storytellers, where they have the classic entrees, and more choices.

Tammy77
10-30-2006, 06:36 AM
We will be there on Thanksgiving too and made PS for Storytellers.the very nice CM who I talked to said they will have Thanksgiving dinner menu and the buffet for $28 When I called it was the end of Sept. and they said you could try to wait but didn't know how long it would be

cstephens
10-31-2006, 09:25 AM
They are having a Thanksgiving Buffet... no regular menu as far as I understand that night.

Oh, I didn't know that. OK, in that case, forget everything I said previously.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

mowsluver
10-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Can anyone give me a link to info on the Thanksgiving dinner? Anywhere at DL will do....I would love to get PS as a late anniversary present for my daughter and son-in-law....
They are both Marines and will both be deployed overseas right after the first of the year so I want to get them a 'memory' for their first anniversary and this will be a great one!

tod
10-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Can anyone give me a link to info on the Thanksgiving dinner? Anywhere at DL will do....I would love to get PS as a late anniversary present for my daughter and son-in-law....
They are both Marines and will both be deployed overseas right after the first of the year so I want to get them a 'memory' for their first anniversary and this will be a great one!

May I recommend considering the House of Blues for a fallback in case the Disney-owned restaurants are backed up? They once saved The tod Family from a 90-minute wait at the "Thanksgiving Feast" at the Disneyland Hotel when Disney was breaking in their new FUBAR reservations system.

Admitted, it's not exactly the trad Thanksgiving turkey-cranberry-sauce-all-the-fixin's dinner -- I think I had catfish -- but the food is good, the portions are generous, and they have a F*U*L*L B*A*R and they don't look at you weird when you order something stronger than a 7-up.

--t
TLMt tells me that they did offer a trad turkey dinner. One of us had it, but he doesn't remember anything about it.

mowsluver
11-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Tod--and Mrs Tod! Thanks for the info...now I talked to my daughter last night and it seems that Thanksgiving is out of the loop. The first time they will be 'free' to go will be sometime during Dec 14-31.
So maybe I will try to set up a meal (doesn't have to be holiday) during that time. Even though they are adults, they would enjoy a character meal and it is something she would never do for herself.....

ferliemom
11-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Hi,
Can anyone direct me to info on eating Thanksgiving dinner at DL?
Any reviews? Prices, reservations, etc?
Thanks!
:)

Dexter
11-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Adrienne Vincent-Pheonix and Stephine Wien wrote this (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm051104avp.htm) article last year about dining options at Disneyland.

PhiSigDuchessCV
11-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Do the restaurants in the parks, such as Plaza Inn, offer a thanksgiving day turkey dinner? Mom and dad are talking about going to the park for the day but they want the traditional dinner too. Some of the hotel packages are a bit pricey for our budget with just having to renew our Premium APs.