PDA

View Full Version : Princess Faire is not very...

Boo's Mommy
10-28-2006, 09:39 PM
I have a long trip report in the works and plan to post (10-22 through 10-26), but I just couldn't get this one out of my mind first...
We finally had a chance to try the Princess Faire on Wednesday 10/25. It was pretty packed for mid-week. My daughter is a princess fanatic and since she's 3, she nothing really bothers her and she enjoys most anything.
The major gripe i have is that there are a lot of mothers (and some fathers) that just stay in the "pit" area where all the little princes and princesses are supposed to be for their training. These parents would stay in the front even and there were many kids (mine included) that obviously couldn't see past them!! My poor daughter couldn't see a thing and wanted me to carry her. So I brought her over to the far side and only the older girls were in front, but still she was able to see for a bit. That was fine until these 2 mothers (sisters or friends perhaps) both pushed their daughters who were twice the height of mine right in front of her (because there was a 2 foot space between my daughter and the girls she originally stood behind).
I said "excuse me, but my daughter can't see now, can't they stand behind her?" They both just glared at me and walked away! during all the dance steps, she just kept getting pushed aside by all the bigger girls. i wanted to take her to the coloring area so she can at least watch from above and see, but we were told to move by a cm. we tried just sitting in the benches, but parents kept standing in the way, so i had her stand on a bench and we were told she can't do that by a cm. At that point, i had enough and told the cm, that she can't even see anything what was i supposed to do? The cm said for her to go down to the "pit" area. I wasn't about to go another round, so we finally left. At least she was happy she got a paper crown.
It was like total chaos there!
It definitely will not be something we'll try again.

babytmakes5
10-29-2006, 04:22 AM
We haven't been to the Princess Faire, but I know my six year old will want to go when we visit in a couple of weeks. I was hoping that she would be able to do this while the rest of us sit back and take a rest. Is this an event where the girls go into the pit on their own, and parents are supposed to watch from a seating area? I think she would be nervous if she felt like we just dropped her off in a crowded place like that if so many other adults stayed and we went to the designated seating area. If it was all children in the pit, then she'd be fine, but even in that case I'd want be able to make eye contact with her the whole time.

It's too bad you encountered so many rude adults and older children. I know when I go to events like this I try to be aware of other children, especially little ones, and I teach my children to let the little ones stand in front, etc. At least your little princess came away content with her crown!

nvmom
10-29-2006, 06:14 AM
We have friends who were there the same time you were give or take a day. Their dd is older, turned 10 at DLR, but still into the Princess thing. I asked about the Princess Faire right away. They were not impressed. She said they went 3 diff times and it was always very crowded (I know they can't control that) and disorganized (they should control that.) Let's hope it's still new and a work in progress.

I'm sorry your little one didn't have the best experience.

nvmom

hawaiimom
10-29-2006, 08:42 AM
We weren't fans of that either. We went on the 19th and it wasn't crowded at all. My kids enjoyed coloring the crowns, but that's about it. And the crowns are so big I had to use the stickers to resize the fit. I thought the organization as well as the program content could use a little work. The lines over the weekend were insane. My son was asleep in the stroller so I walked him over to the gift shop there and was in sticker shock over the price of a cinderella dress. $60! And it wasn't even as nice as the one I got at the Disney store for $27. I don't want to discourage anyone from experiencing the Princess Faire, but it didn't seem worth it to me. My daughter had a much better time at the Princess Lunch.

Boo's Mommy
10-29-2006, 11:47 AM
babytmakes5 - the girls and boys are supposed to all go down in the pit, but i'm assuming not by themselves as there were a lot of parents in. Hopefully your little one will enjoy it. Hopefully it won't be as crazy when you go and they'll be more organized.
We missed the princess lunch, that probably would have been more enjoyable.

Katran
10-29-2006, 03:55 PM
These parents would stay in the front even and there were many kids (mine included) that obviously couldn't see past them!! ...They both just glared at me and walked away!

It's really sad when adults behave worse than children. At least kids have a bit of an excuse. They either aren't old enough to know better or their parents haven't taught them properly. But adults have NO excuse!

I'm sorry your little sweetie was treated like that. Hopefully she's young enough that she was happy just to be there and get a crown. And hopefully they'll work out the bugs before my family goes in March, because I know my youngest daughter is going to want to do that! :eek: