PDA

View Full Version : How did your kids get picked to be in the parade?

PrincessMomma
10-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Just curious, as my son asked after our last trip: if your kids were one of the ones in the parade ~ how were they selected?

Malcon10t
10-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Just curious, as my son asked after our last trip: if your kids were one of the ones in the parade ~ how were they selected?
Are you talking about the Grand Marshall thing? They pick a family at random.

They also previously had a parade (Parade of Stars) that they would invite 20-25 people to participate in. My kids were invlved in that before. They were selected that time by simply being energetic and positive. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast.

PrincessMomma
10-28-2006, 09:33 PM
I was thinking of the Parade of Dreams. Thanks!

Malcon10t
10-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I was thinking of the Parade of Dreams. Thanks!
Have they started incorporating guests into the parade?

momuvseven
10-29-2006, 04:06 AM
It is the pre-parade preshow. We were picked as grand marshalls last year and you ride the fire truck with the mayor in the pre-show. The signs are yours to take home and they gave us all free golden ears which we took to the hattery and had our names embroidered on.

I have no idea why they picked us. We were one of very few families in the Rudolph Roundup area and we were just having a great time. Looking back at our pictures from that day we were just all really happy and in a great mood.

It is a lot of fun and a real honor to be picked.

Malcon10t
10-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Right, I've seen those picked. Last Aug, it was a family that was exiting the Opera house.

Rkkm
10-29-2006, 09:25 AM
I was told by a senior CM that it is best to hang outside of the area where the parade will start about 1 our - 45 minutes before parade time. (The gates by ISMW and the gates next to the hat shop at the entrance to Main Street, depending upon the direction of the parade.) He said that is when CMs go out and invite nearby folks to be in the parade.

Never tried it, but would love to hear if that is indeed how to to do it.

dohgusgus
10-29-2006, 07:04 PM
On the Disneyland.com, they show what's coming up in the Year of a Million Dreams and they have a special event in July where they will include guests. I just checked and I can't find it now. ASDFGHKL;!