PDA

View Full Version : Wait time board

Kricky
10-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I saw the wait time board after I saw the wait times posted at some of the attractions. The attractions were in the 40-60 minute range (probably accurate, given the number of people in line), but the wait time board said 10-15 minutes. How come the wait time board doesn't reflect this? You'd think with all the technology that Disney has, they'd be able to synchronize the wait time board with what's actually going on at the attraction.

dznyphreak
10-28-2006, 02:28 PM
My guess would be that this is low priority for Disney since there are much more important things to handle in the park. Plus, the person at the wait time board is always being asked questions when I walk by. I swear I've heard several "...nearest bathroom?"'s being asked. ;)

The other possibility is that the wait time dramatically dropped in the time it took to walk from the attraction to the board. :)

Both are just as likely.

SoCalSteven
10-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it is only communicated via radio. A digital system would be great, but for some reason it hasn't been done.

Katran
10-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Dznyphreak is probably right about the CM's just being too busy to change it immediately. I've never seen them just standing around doing nothing at that booth, unless it was very early in the morning.

Malcon10t
10-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Let's step back and determine how they determine the wait time. They hand someone this little button type thing when they step into line. When you reach the front, you hand it to the CM loading you. They hand it to a lead, who then determines how long the wait time is. This is then radioed to the front. Generally, the board shows what the attraction wait was about 15-20 minutes ago.

Katran
10-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I did not know that! In all my visits to Disneyland I've never noticed that.

Learn somethin' new everyday! :)

Malcon10t
10-28-2006, 08:17 PM
I did not know that! In all my visits to Disneyland I've never noticed that.

Learn somethin' new everyday! :)
I was always curious how they determined wait time. I found out once when I was handed the thing. I've done it once on TOT and once a long time ago on BTMRR.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
10-28-2006, 08:31 PM
The CM at the hub makes a call at a scheduled interval to the attraction to ask the CM what the wait is, often based on those little slips or buttons. You can ask at the board if they know when the time was updated. If it has been awhile, they will call while you wait.