PDA

View Full Version : Monorail question

Pixie Glitter
05-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Is it possible to ride the monorail without a park ticket? I'm arriving in Anaheim in the evening, and I won't hit the parks until the next day (don't have an extra day on the Park Hopper to burn for a couple of hours that first night!). I'm wondering if there's any way to ride the monorail if you're not entering the parks???

TerryTiger
05-18-2002, 10:20 AM
No.

Uncle Dick
05-18-2002, 10:54 AM
IIRC, you used to be able to do this, before the old station was demolished to make way for Downtown Disney. You just paid a buck or two and got to ride around a little bit and then were returned to the station. Anyway, as far as I know, this is no longer offered.

Never fear! There's plenty to do around DtD in the evening. I've spent hours just walking around all of the hotels and shops and stuff.

WizKidRyan
05-19-2002, 10:37 PM
I never understood why they stopped allowing the roundtrip for $3/person (we used to do it all the time)...
They dont load guests in the back end of the monorail (the old roundtrip spot), and they could make some money on the side.

Nigel2
05-19-2002, 10:52 PM
Well odds are for the amount of money they made it really didn't do much if they even made anything since it wasn't something they promoted.

Lacrosse Boy
05-19-2002, 11:58 PM
It's a really confusing thing, that's why I pretty much stay away from it when I get to go.