PDA

View Full Version : Traffic from Disneyland to John Wayne [SNA] on weekday evening

jrsharp21
10-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi all,

How bad is the traffic from DL to John Wayne on weekdays around 7pm?

I have a workshop across from DL on Nov 16th. I am coming down the morning of Nov 15 to do DL the day before. My workshop on the 16th gets over at 4pm (hopefully sooner) and I am thinking about buying a two day pass so that I can go into a DL a few hours on the 16th. The only thing is that my flight leaves at 9:05pm. Rental car is due back at 8:00pm. If I was to leave DL around 7:15pm would I get to the airport before 8pm? Or is that cutting it too close?

Darkbeer
10-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

How bad is the traffic from DL to John Wayne on weekdays around 7pm?

I have a workshop across from DL on Nov 16th. I am coming down the morning of Nov 15 to do DL the day before. My workshop on the 16th gets over at 4pm (hopefully sooner) and I am thinking about buying a two day pass so that I can go into a DL a few hours on the 16th. The only thing is that my flight leaves at 9:05pm. Rental car is due back at 8:00pm. If I was to leave DL around 7:15pm would I get to the airport before 8pm? Or is that cutting it too close?

You should be fine around 7 PM, most of the traffic has died down...

Take the 5 to the 55 to the 405 south, and follow the signs to get to the airport. You might want to leave a bit earlier (say 6:40 or so), since John Wayne is known for long lines to go thru Security, you want to be at the airport (and not the rental check-in) by 8 PM.

jrsharp21
10-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks Darkbeer.

That made up my mind. I don't think I will buy a two day pass then. If I get into the park by 4:30, sounds like I would have to leave about 2 hours later or so. I will just go to DTD and have a nice dinner.