PDA

View Full Version : Doubletree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort

Wendi
10-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Anyone have a review yet? I'm trying to book for Thanksgiving week, and this place looks nice. Too bad they don't have a free shuttle, but there is ART at least. I assume this isn't within walking distance of DLR, right? Can anyone give me an idea of where it is located? Is it towards Garden Grove or Fullerton?

These hotels are on my "short list" right now... any comments?

Fairfield Inn by Marriott (walking distance)
Hojo's (walking distance)
Sheraton Anaheim Hotel (free shuttle)
Doubletree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort (ART)

Malcon10t
10-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Anyone have a review yet? I'm trying to book for Thanksgiving week, and this place looks nice. Too bad they don't have a free shuttle, but there is ART at least. I assume this isn't within walking distance of DLR, right? Can anyone give me an idea of where it is located? Is it towards Garden Grove or Fullerton?

Doubletree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort (ART)Yes, the Doubletree Suites is on ART, so no shuttle. Its not in walking distance. For location, its down at Harbor and Orangewood (Garden Grove direction.). Across the street is a Denny's.

emmah
10-28-2006, 01:15 PM

A lot of people on this board really like Hojos but I stayed there last November and didn't have such a great experience - the beds were really hard and I didn't sleep well, and there was a lot of noise from the freeway. It was very clean and the staff were very nice, but I just didn't enjoy it. This trip I am staying at the Sheraton, which has the wonderful sleeper beds and is walkable in the morning and the shuttle for the evening when the legs are too tired to go a step further.

Wendi
10-29-2006, 07:12 AM
I think I am leaning towards the Sheraton this time, but I'm still hoping to hear from anyone who has stayed at the new Doubletree... anyone???

Malcon10t
10-29-2006, 08:31 AM
I think I am leaning towards the Sheraton this time, but I'm still hoping to hear from anyone who has stayed at the new Doubletree... anyone???
I have not stayed there personally, but someone I know and whose opinion I trust stayed there said it was great. I have stayed in other Doubletrees and only wish it was closer as we don't like being that far down Harbor. Depending which Sheraton, my pick would be the Anaheim Sheraton because they have their own shuttle for now. (Talk is, they will soon be added to ART.)

spectromen
10-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Fairfield is the one that recently got attention from the lady claiming to have been bit by hundreds of bed bugs back in August, so I might avoid in the immediate future ;)

HoJo's is a great location and one of the nicest in the entire chain, but it's still a HoJo which means a 2 star hotel, and for the prices they get, you're really paying more for location than quality

Sheraton is a classic with nice rooms, pretty grounds and a decent distance so if the price is right, I recommend it (along with the new Sheraton Park Hotel, formerly Coast Anaheim)

Doubletree, I just stayed and did not like. Everything about it felt cheap and quickly built, but that's the case with most new hotels now. Be careful when booking - make sure you're really getting a suite because if it doesn't say suite you will get one of their regular rooms which are TINY and nothing more than an afterthought. The pool is small and surrounded by concrete, so no atmosphere to speak of. They charge for parking even though they're far from Disneyland. Staff was not at all polished. And what bugged me the most was there was no A/C in the corridors. Granted, I visited during a 100 degree heat wave but still, it's just stifling in the hallway to your room when you can't breathe because there is no air!

Wendi
10-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the review, Spectromen! I think I'll go with the Sheraton this time. The Doubletree would have much more appeal if they had a private free shuttle, it's an important factor for me since we won't be driving this time. I like Hojo's, and I've never stayed at the Fairfield, but the Sheraton is only a few more bucks and I know it is a much nicer hotel.

spectromen
10-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Good choice Wendi. I was just looking at Sheraton's rooms on their website and they're noticeably bigger than the Sheraton Park's rooms. I think you made the right choice! Enjoy!