PDA

View Full Version : questions and more questions

yenko427
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi all. I have been reading your comments and appreciate that you take the time to do this for people such as myself. We are taking our 5 year old son Nov. 1-4 for his first trip. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

1. Does anyone know how to find out about the milk and cookies delivery to the room? Trying to make it extra special for him in the evenings.

2. Has anyone with a disability travelled their since they did away with the Guest Assistance Passes. I have cerebral palsy and have good and bad days.

3. We are planning on doing Goofy's Kitchen one meal. Is there any suggestions on other activities that will make the trip extra special.

4. Please tell me we picked a decent time to go. I see that Saturdays are busy so I am assuming we are going to have to hit it hard on Thurs. and Fri.

adriennek
10-27-2006, 01:01 PM
2. Has anyone with a disability travelled their since they did away with the Guest Assistance Passes. I have cerebral palsy and have good and bad days.

Yes. Do you have a specific question? They actually did away with the "Special Assistance Passes" and now they have "Guest Assistance Cards." That part is purely semantic. What specific need to you have? Do you use a wheelchair or an assistance device? Also, you might want to check out the Theme Park Access Forum (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) for information about the GACs and current access issues in the park.

4. Please tell me we picked a decent time to go. I see that Saturdays are busy so I am assuming we are going to have to hit it hard on Thurs. and Fri.

It will probably be busy Friday afternoon and evening also, just to prepare you. But "busy" can be relative. Keep in mind, too, that busier times can be better with a younger child. The Casey Jr ride often only runs with one train on slower days - so the line can actually be longer when it's a less crowded day than when it's busier!

Adrienne

yenko427
10-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I have difficulty standing for long periods, walking is ok, depends on the day. I just want to know what to expect I guess.

itig
10-27-2006, 05:03 PM
You may already know this, but try to get to Fantasyland early with your 5 year old to enjoy the rides before the lines get out of control. Peter Pan should be your beeline destination when the rope falls...ride it as many times as you can until the line gets long...then head to Dumbo...then Casey Jr. That's our route anyway with our little ones :)

Goofy's kitchen is fun, we enjoy it and the kids love the character interaction. They usually do a great job of giving you their full attention when they are at your table and often take their time to make it special (your experience may vary of course...)

Don't overdue it...you may be tempted to push hard all day long, but be kind to yourself and your son. If he is still napping, try not to skip it or you may pay for it later :) Since you're at the DL Hotel, your close and don't really have to leave the magic anyway...

Snacks are your friends...bring along some easy treats for long lines, etc...a water bottle is a good idea too.

sorry...just kind of rambling with whatever comes to mind :)

have fun!!!!

ssturgeo
10-30-2006, 07:41 AM
You can contact Vacation Planning, 714-300-7526, for room delivery information. And, they would also have info on more "special activities" that are available.

canadianmom
10-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Call Vacation Planning, they are wonderful at getting special items sent to your room!!!!!!!!!

minkster74
10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
The Casey Jr ride often only runs with one train on slower days - so the line can actually be longer when it's a less crowded day than when it's busier!

Adrienne

Because of the crowds last Sunday, they were running two trains so we got to ride on the lower tracks that run past the Storybook houses, which was a pretty cool first time experience. And yes, the line for that ride went a lot faster than when it is shorter with one train running.