PDA

View Full Version : Super Shuttle

Momtowolf
10-27-2006, 06:02 AM
One I will try to stop asking questions...since it's almost time to leave for our trip!!!

A few people told me to not reserve the super shuttle but that shuttles just come and go every 30 minutes at John Wayne Airport......

What do you guys think? Just wing it and catch one?

mommy-san
10-27-2006, 06:16 AM
we had awesome luck at LAX... waited only about 10 minutes. I didn't want to reserve a shuttle because I had no idea how long the wait for bags etc. would be... or if your plane is late i would think that would cause problems. This is also a way better way to travel than cab etc.

Darkbeer
10-27-2006, 08:16 AM
From John Wayne, a taxi is usually the best option, $35 plus tip (ask for the Flat Rate.) No need to wait for other folks to load into the van, or stops at other hotels as these folks get dropped off. A taxi leaves as soon as you are ready, and goes straight to your hotel (unless you ask them to stop at a Grocrry store, etc (not part of the flat rate).

From LAX, the taxi is expensive, so the Disneyland Express bus tends to be the best option.

Disney_Nut
10-27-2006, 08:17 AM
I use Super Shuttle every time. I've had no problem with long wait times. However, depending on where everyone else on board is going, you might have a longer trip before reaching your hotel. One time, everyone was going to hotels around DL, so it only took about 30 minutes to be dropped off at my hotel. Another time, people were going all over the place, so it took about 2 hours. But, for $15 it's still a good deal since a taxi would cost about $80 or more from LAX.

ShirleyFilms
10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Used SuperShuttle many times from John Wayne.

There is usually a shuttle waiting. Ride time is usually between 30-45 minutes.

Thats my experience, for what its worth.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-29-2006, 05:53 AM
From John Wayne, a taxi is usually the best option, $35 plus tip (ask for the Flat Rate.) No need to wait for other folks to load into the van, or stops at other hotels as these folks get dropped off. A taxi leaves as soon as you are ready, and goes straight to your hotel (unless you ask them to stop at a Grocrry store, etc (not part of the flat rate).

From LAX, the taxi is expensive, so the Disneyland Express bus tends to be the best option.

How many people can a flat rate taxi hold? It will save us about $5 to do that option, with our family of four.

To answer the OPs question, we have never made a Super Shuttle reservation from SNA. Reason being, we fly standby and I don't know for sure, when we will be there. We have never had a problem, and never had to wait more than 15 mins., usually less.

Darkbeer
10-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Taxis usually hold at least 5 people, 4 should fit without a problem.

leota's necklace
10-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Even if you do make a reservation with SuperShuttle, they are quick to tell you that doesn't guarantee you any sort of spot in a van. You still have to wait your turn like everyone else. It is nice to have the return pickup trip booked before you leave, one less thing to worry about while in DL, and if you're a member of AAA and make your res online you save a little $.

That said, I'm looking into other options for our next trip. I used to be a big supporter of SS, but the last few times I've taken them I've had people being dropped off in neighborhoods all over creation, or drivers that have made four or five circuits of the airport, trolling for more fares. I've not been impressed, lately.

sierranevada
10-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Second Darkbeer's suggestion. We have done both Supershuttle & Taxi from SNA. Taxi is so much better and not much more (less if you have 4-5 people). And we have gotten a Taxi Van from SNA - same price to DLH.