PDA

View Full Version : Best cheap hotel?

potterphreak
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Ok, I had planned on taking one last trip with my youngest DD in November but because of Christmas and an anniversary trip to San Fran in early Nov., I wasn't going to try and shove another trip into the budget. WELLLL, my cousin and her granddaughter MAY be going 11/10-12 which means sharing the cost of gas and a hotel room so we might be able to go as well. I had a reservation at the Anaheim Plaza for 11/15-17 for $59 a night but for the 10-12th they are 89. They are really worth the 59 but at 89 a night, that's a bit of a stretch. So here is my question:
In YOUR opinion, what is your favorite really cheap hotel somewhat near DL (like, within 10 miles or so). What do I require? Clean sheets, NO bed bugs, would be great if the floors weren't black OR sticky, clean towels, clean shower curtain, and noooooo bugs. At all. No bugs at all. That's a biggie, LOL!!
Thanks in advance!

pisces
10-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Within 10 miles?

Have you thought about Buena Park?

I stayed at Rodeway Inn last March for $50.00 a night, during a Knotts visit.

It was only one night, but I survived, and I would stay again. It was clean, and rather quiet, too!

It's right on the corner of La Palma and Beach, walking distance to Knotts and , I think, within 10 miles of Anaheim.

Also, in Buena Park, there's the Hampton Suites, but that's further down....heading away from Knotts. I think it's on Beach and Orangethorpe.

Never stayed at Hampton, but they ususally get good reviews.

Malcon10t
10-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Ok, I had planned on taking one last trip with my youngest DD in November but because of Christmas and an anniversary trip to San Fran in early Nov., I wasn't going to try and shove another trip into the budget. WELLLL, my cousin and her granddaughter MAY be going 11/10-12 which means sharing the cost of gas and a hotel room so we might be able to go as well. I had a reservation at the Anaheim Plaza for 11/15-17 for $59 a night but for the 10-12th they are 89. They are really worth the 59 but at 89 a night, that's a bit of a stretch. So here is my question:
In YOUR opinion, what is your favorite really cheap hotel somewhat near DL (like, within 10 miles or so). What do I require? Clean sheets, NO bed bugs, would be great if the floors weren't black OR sticky, clean towels, clean shower curtain, and noooooo bugs. At all. No bugs at all. That's a biggie, LOL!!
Thanks in advance!Hojo?? Dont know the prices but I like Anaheim Desert Inn and Park Vue Inn (remember to use 50 in the first box for a discount.) Alpine Inn is good too! They are $69 a night. They are right around teh corner from the Candy Cane. That would be my vote! Http://www.alpineinnanaheim.com

BayAreaDisneyFan
10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Have you considered bidding for a room on Priceline? Rooms at the Hyatt routinely go for $45 (add ~$15 for parking), and it's a very nice hotel, 10 minutes drive from the park with free shuttle service. We've also gotten the Doubletree for a similar amount. For bidding tips, check out www.biddingfortravel.com.

We got wise to this a few years ago, and have used it several times since (also in other cities) with excellent results. With an informed bidding strategy, you can significantly reduce the uncertainty of what you get.

theyates6
10-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Have you considered Priceline? I just pricelined a hotel for 10/27-10/31 (four nights) for $47.00 a night and got the Hyatt Regency. This works for me since the Hyatt is my favorite hotel in the area and the lowest price for a room there on any of the travel boards is $140.00/night. In the last year I have started using Priceline every time I come to DL area - I always get a 3* hotel for around $50.00. The first place I go to is Biddingfortravel.com to see what the rates are running.

theyates6
10-26-2006, 01:57 PM
I am with BayAreaDisneyFan on this. (Obviously seeing we were writing the same suggestion at the same time.) Inform yourself on how to bid on Priceline and you can get some terrific bargains.

Katran
10-26-2006, 06:19 PM
DH and I stayed at Parkside Inn last year, and I think we spent around $40.00 a night. DD and I stayed the year before at Alamo Inn and we spent around $30.00 or $40.00 per night.

Both hotels are within a mile or so of Disneyland. The walk from the hotel to Disneyland isn't bad, but walking back at night is exhausting. Neither hotel gets very good reviews. In fact, Parkside gets horrible reviews on Expedia.com, but I found both hotels to be clean, bug-free, with friendly staff members and comfortable beds. I would stay at either one of them again.

Malcon10t
10-26-2006, 06:56 PM
DH and I stayed at Parkside Inn last year, and I think we spent around $40.00 a night. DD and I stayed the year before at Alamo Inn and we spent around $30.00 or $40.00 per night.

Both hotels are within a mile or so of Disneyland. The walk from the hotel to Disneyland isn't bad, but walking back at night is exhausting. Neither hotel gets very good reviews. In fact, Parkside gets horrible reviews on Expedia.com, but I found both hotels to be clean, bug-free, with friendly staff members and comfortable beds. I would stay at either one of them again.The Parkside Inn is one I would avoid at all costs. While I try to read reviews with a grain of salt, I have friends who checked in and refused to spend the night due to how filthy the place was. I know of someone else who also thought the place was a disaster, but stayed because they had prepaid, only to have things stolen from their room. The place is a dive. On Tripadvisor.com, some have posted pictures of the interior of the rooms. I'm not one who is big on gorgeous rooms, but I want it clean with comfortable beds and a nearby place to take the dog. I couldn't take the dog in the Parkside. He has to lie on the floor, and ick.

Katran
10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Well, all I can say is that our room was very clean, in good repair, and very comfortable. I've stayed in far worse places for more money. I've also had things stolen from another hotel I stayed at (we even went straight to the manager and they insisted that their staff would not do that), but had nothing but a good experience at the Parkside.

dehnehsu
10-26-2006, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=Malcon10t]Hojo?? Dont know the prices but I like Anaheim Desert Inn and Park Vue Inn (remember to use 50 in the first box for a discount.) QUOTE]

Malcon10t, Thanks for the tip. We are staying at the Park Vue in Nov., Sun-Wed and got quotes of $64 online and over the phone. The person on the phone said $64 was the lowest rate. I plugged in the #50 in the Corporate box and got the $58 quote. (Postcard Rate) We then called to make sure we didn't need to bring in a Postcard mailer or any other special I.D. He assured us that nothing was needed, Just book online at that rate and you're set.