PDA

View Full Version : After Thanksgiving day Traffic

Pirate Princess
10-26-2006, 10:02 AM
If any locals can help me out that would be fantastic!
My question is: what is the best time to head down to Disneyland on the Sunday after Thanksgiving? We will be taking the 101 South from San Luis Obispo. My concern is that everyone will be rushing home on Sunday and there will be mass gridlock. What is the best time to pass through L.A. so that we can actually see some of Disneyland on Sunday (hopefully a TON of Disneyland :D ) I am not opposed to leaving super early... but is a little later in the morning/afternoon better?
Thanks!
(p.s. I AM GETTING SO EXCITED!!!!)

Rkkm
10-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi! My best advice is leave super early. We have found on normal Sundays that getting through LA is a breeze if you can do it before 9 a.m. So my suggestion would be to plan to arrive at Disneyland when it opens .. thus getting you easily through LA and into Orange County way before 9 a.m.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Pirate Princess
10-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Thank you for the advice! Looks like a super early morning... and, although I am the antithesis of a morning person, I will get up at ANY time to go to Disneyland!!!

Rkkm
10-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Nap in the car and have a BALL! at Disneyland! Have fun and eat some of that YUMMY! pumpkin fudge for me!

DisneyLynn
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
My advise is leave early!! I spend a lot of Holidays at my parents house in Cambria and it can take forever to get through Santa Barbara on holiday weekends. Last year we hit Santa Barbara around 9am on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend and had no problems at all. Have fun at Disneyland!

Pirate Princess
10-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah. Santa Barbara has gotten really nasty in the last few years. It never even used to be a thought when I planned trips..... but now if I leave at 5:30 a.m. (in my P.J.'s??? :eek: :eek: :eek: ) I am hoping to make it through S.B. and L.A. and to DL in record time.
I AM SO EXCITED!!!! It is now officially less than a month!

ghoofie
10-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I can add this...just for reference.
My daughter lives in Southern Cal and drives (has been) up to northern california and then drives home on Sunday. She is literally in tears and upset because traffic is crawling for hours. This year she's flying.

Pirate Princess
10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I can add this...just for reference.
My daughter lives in Southern Cal and drives (has been) up to northern california and then drives home on Sunday. She is literally in tears and upset because traffic is crawling for hours. This year she's flying.
That's what I figured... BUT it's either leaving the night before and sleeping at a family members house (AKA "The Evil Witch of the South") or gridlock traffic for hours... I'll take the traffic any day.
Wish I could afford another hotel night or a flight... but right now I am beyond broke. I can't wait until I am no longer a starving student.