PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel pirate adventure

biolabetty
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I stayed last week at the DLH with my 7 year old son, first time ever doing concierge. When we got the list of activities, there was one on Saturday from 1 to 2 being offered free at the hotel. So we signed up at the desk and did the adventure the next day.

The kids are supposed to be from 3 to 9, and they meet under the big sorcerer's hat. After we were greeted by a CM, we were taken over to a little wooded area where another CM was waiting for us, dressed like a pirate. All of the kids got black head bandanas, eye patches, and skull rings to look more like pirates. They were then instructed to help look for clues throughout the hotel area that were left by John and Michael, Wendy's brothers, to help find a treasure that they took from Capt. Hook.

They worked together as a group, and even had to dig up one clue. At the end, they found the treasure, along with Michael's teddy bear, and they all got to keep 3 pieces of treasure, plus a cannon ball toy that was in the treasure chest. My son had the best time, and it really didn't even take the full hour.

I was kind of expecting Capt. Hook to show up someplace, but he didn't. That would have been kind of fun though, or maybe have Peter Pan at the end thanking them for keeping the treasure safe from Capt. Hook. It was really fun for my son, and it was something different to do at the hotel.

acpalmer
10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Is this just offered to conciege guests or to any DLH guest? Just curious because we will be there soon, but are not staying concierge.

biolabetty
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure if it's just for concierge guests, there were only about 6 kids there, so maybe it was. You could always ask about it and see what they say.

thmar
10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Wow...this sounds great...hadn't heard of this before...thanks!

Wendi
10-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow, fun! Sounds a lot like the Pirate Adventure Cruise in WDW but there isn't a lake in DLR. The WDW cruises are 2 hours and the parents don't get to come along though. Was it a free adventure?

biolabetty
10-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes, it was free, and the kids got to keep their costume items along with their treasure.

yellowrosedtxn
10-27-2006, 07:00 AM
My son got to do this this past summer. I am not sure if it is a concierge thing either because I bought the concierge package a couple of days into our trip. Not sure if I would do it again unless I got the concierge at the onset of the trip.

rhscarb
10-29-2006, 04:39 PM
In December 2005 we stayed at the Grand Floridian and my two children, ages 3 and 5 at the time were with us. The five year old went on the pirate adventure as the 3 year old was not yet potty-trained--a requirement even if you meet the age requriement. Unfortunately, the weather was cold and windy that day so they did not take the kids out on the boat into the "Seven Seas Lagoon" which is the normal plan for the activity. Instead they had a scavenger hunt around the hotel. She seemed to like doing this and we saw them several times around the hotel wearing a pirate's bandana with mouse ears sticking out of it. Security around this 'separation' activity (without parents) is pretty strong and you had to provide photo ID I believe when you picked up your child. They also asked the child, when they are still a distance from you, if they recognize anyone in the crowd. I am sure it is a much more interesting adventure when the weather is better but it was nice to see that they have a weather contingency plan in place. We were staying in a conceirge level room but I believe this activity was open to anyone, even non-hotel guests. It did have a price tag, something like $25-$45 per child and it lasted about two hours.