PDA

View Full Version : Want to be in POTC... A chance to win in a online sweepstakes

Darkbeer
10-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Go to this page, and register once a day (based on Pacific Time)

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/liveaction/pirates2/sweepstakes_page.html

Here are the rules...

BECOME A DISNEY PIRATE SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 13 years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”), October 20, 2006 and ends at 11:59 PM PT, January 31, 2007.

1. How to Enter:

1) Go to www.DisneyPirates.com and complete the sweepstakes entry. Limit one entry per person per day. Online entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT January 31, 2007. A calendar day is defined as 12:00 am Pacific Time to 11:59 pm Pacific Time.

2. Eligibility:

The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 13 years of age and older. Employees, directors and officers of Buena Vista Home Entertainment Inc., Disney Enterprises, Inc., Archway Marketing Services and their respective parent companies, affiliates and their advertising and promotion agency (collectively “the Excluded Parties”) and members of their immediate families and persons living in the same household are not eligible. Void where prohibited.

3. Winner Selection:

Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about February 7, 2007 from all eligible entries received. Archway Marketing Services, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, will conduct the drawing. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules and the judge’s decisions. Winners will be notified by mail or e-mail, depending on method of entry. Canadian prize claimant will be contacted by the judging organization and must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance of any kind within a time limit to receive a prize.

4. Prizes:

Caricature as Pirate at Disneyland Attraction ARV: $20,398.00 ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Each grand prize consists of one three (3) day/two (2) night vacation for the winner and three (3) guests to Glendale, CA and one (3) day/two (2) night vacation for the winner and three (3) guests to the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, CA. Each vacation includes roundtrip (coach) air transportation from a major airport nearest winner’s home to Los Angeles International Airport, hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy) for two (2) nights in a Burbank/Glendale area hotel and two (2) nights in the Pirate Suite (or equivalent) at the Disneyland® Hotel at Disneyland® Resort (hotel to be determined by prize supplier), one midsize Alamo rental car for duration of vacation, three (3) 1-day Park Hopper® passes per person for admission to Disneyland® Park and Disney’s California Adventure® Park, meeting session at Walt Disney Imagineering to start art process for caricature of the face of a Pirate (as interpreted by the artist), tour of Walt Disney Imagineering building (see age limitation below), one lunch with a Disney Imagineer, a Disney Gift card to cover meals for one day for a party of four (including one meal at a special table in the Blue Bayou restaurant) and $100 allotment for merchandise, private meet and greet with Captain Jack Sparrow character at Disneyland® Park, use of a VIP tour guide during Disneyland® Resort vacation. The Approx. Retail Value (“ARV”) is $20,398. Travel dates for all trips will be at the discretion of the sponsor. The actual value may vary based upon point of departure and dates of travel. Winner, whose face will be caricaturized as a pirate, must be age 13 or older. If any winner resides within a 100-mile radius of his/her destination, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Winners and their travel companions must travel together and on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Sponsor requires a minimum of six (6) weeks between the Glendale, CA vacation and the Disneyland® Resort vacation. Walt Disney Imagineering building tour is limited to individuals age 16 and above only. No cameras, cell phones, audio or video recording device of any kind will be allowed at the meeting session or tour. Once artwork is completed and displayed, it will remain in the Pirates of the Caribbean® attraction at Disneyland® Park for one year. All costs and expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, meals, travel insurance, room service, laundry service, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, local and long distance telephone calls, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, additional tips and gratuities, income taxes and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s designee, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice at least one (1) month prior to departure. In addition, the winners and their travel companions are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Travel and lodging are subject to availability and restrictions. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions. Gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Vacations or any of the above listed components may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value. Vacation elements may not be substituted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Vacations are non-commissionable. TEN (10) FIRST PRIZES: 3-2-1 GS Home Entertainment System: ARV: $990.00 ea. ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE (125) SECOND PRIZES: Pirates Arcade Pinball Machine. ARV: $399.99 ea. ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE (125) THIRD PRIZES: Pirates Prize Pack. Includes 3 _” figures, Deck Duel, Isla Cruces and Jack Sparrow Pirate Gear. ARV: $104 ea. ONE THOUSAND (1000) FOURTH PRIZES: Jack Sparrow Eastern Dragon Ring (size 10). ARV: $129.99 ea. FIFTY (50) FIFTH PRIZES: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest video game for the Nintendo DS™ ARV: $24.99 ea. ONE HUNDRED (100) SIXTH PRIZES: One set of 4 Pirates of the Caribbean Books (set includes Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man’s Chest Jr. Novel, Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man’s Chest The Movie Storybook, Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow #1 The Coming Storm, Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow #2 The Siren Song). ARV: $23.96 ea. Total ARV: $227,032.15.
Nintendo ™,® and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2004 Nintendo

Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received at the time of the drawing.

No prize transfer or cash substitutes allowed except at Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc.’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for prize of equal or greater value. Taxes on prize are solely the responsibility of winner. Limit one prize per person/family/household/e-mail address.

5. Conditions of Participation:

Grand Prize winners, or winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor in his/her state/province of residence, will be required to sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, and a Liability and Publicity Release (where legal) within fourteen (14) days of notification. Grand Prize winner’s guests must execute a Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (where legal) prior to the issuance of travel documents. If any prize winner or winner’s guest is a minor, a parent/legal guardian must sign the necessary releases on his/her behalf. Non-compliance with these requirements may result in disqualification, and Grand or First Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at random. In the event that a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at random.

By participating, entrants release and agree to hold the “Excluded Parties” harmless from any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winner agrees that Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. and its related and affiliated companies may use the winner’s name, address (city, state/province), photograph, videotape, likeness, and/or prize information for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to winner relating to Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., its related and affiliated companies or to this Sweepstakes and grants to Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. and its related and affiliated companies any and all rights to said use without further notice and/or compensation except where prohibited by law.

6. Internet:

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., Disney Enterprises, Inc., Archway Marketing Services, and their respective agencies are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer hardware or software or other technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online regardless of cause. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BUENA VISTA HOME ENTERTAINMENT, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel/suspend/modify the online portion of the Sweepstakes if it becomes corrupted in any manner such that it cannot be conducted as originally planned and, in such event, to select winners by random drawing from all eligible mail-in entries received and all eligible online entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. By participating, entrant agrees to the official rules and judges’ decisions. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of California and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of the County of Los Angeles.

Participants entering online must provide a valid e-mail address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Archway Marketing Services in writing if the entrant changes his/her e-mail and/or home address after submission of online entry. (To do so write to: Archway Marketing Services, the Become A Disney Pirate Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Division, 7600 69th Avenue, Greenfield, MN 55373, to be received by January 31, 2007.) In case of dispute as to identity of a winner who entered online, entry will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and, if a prize is won and such registered user is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to the registered user.

7. Disputes/Choice of Law:

Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Los Angeles, California (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.

8. Winners List:

For the names of prize winners go to www.DisneyPirates.com (http://www.disneypirates.com/) after April 30th, 2007 through June 30th, 2007.

9. Sponsor:

Sponsored by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-6550.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks DB!

biolabetty
10-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Ok, what am I doing wrong? I have registered, and every time I try to enter the contest, I get a message saying that I have to be over 13 and to review the rules. Well, I can tell you I am wayyy past 13, so what did I do wrong?

Vegitabeta
10-25-2006, 02:30 AM
The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada

That's me out:crying:

Wendi
10-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Ok, what am I doing wrong? I have registered, and every time I try to enter the contest, I get a message saying that I have to be over 13 and to review the rules. Well, I can tell you I am wayyy past 13, so what did I do wrong?

If you already have a Disney login (was your information already plugged in when you opened the page?) with an email address, you may need to check your main Disney account to make sure your date of birth is correct.

Katran
10-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Kewl! :D Thanks for posting that. I had no idea it was going on.

Timmy13T
02-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Has anyone heard of any winners for the contest itself? I know they were doing the drawings on the 7th of Feb. but I havent heard anythign at all. Ive been doing it everyday and nothing. Im pretty concerned so if anyone knows of anythign please let me know. thank you

stan4d_steph
02-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Has anyone heard of any winners for the contest itself? I know they were doing the drawings on the 7th of Feb. but I havent heard anythign at all. Ive been doing it everyday and nothing. Im pretty concerned so if anyone knows of anythign please let me know. thank youFrom the official announcement: For the names of prize winners go to www.DisneyPirates.com after April 30th, 2007 through June 30th, 2007.