PDA

View Full Version : Meal Vouchers

kenzmom2cu
10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Has anyone used them? I've bought the 3 day plan. Any advice would be great.

emmah
10-24-2006, 06:24 PM

We used these a couple of years ago and haven't bothered since - we buy disney dollars instead now. They don't give you a discount or anything extra - I think we added it all up and you get in vouchers how ever much the package cost. The most important tip to remember is that you need to spend over the total on the voucher rather than under, because you don't get change so anything you don't spend is wasted money. Apart from that, they are really just the same as cash except that you can't use them in some locations (DTD etc) and they lock you in to character meals so you need to make sure you've made priority seating arrangements beforehand.

Malcon10t
10-24-2006, 08:28 PM
My advice is not to do it again. You don't save anything, and if your meal is less than the voucher, you lose money. I too do the DIsney dollars instead, so if I only spend $4.50, I get my change, and not get stuck buying something else just spend the $5 voucher. Or, at the end of teh trip, end up with a bunch of vouchers and on a mad rush buying cookies and candy you didn't really need just to spend the vouchers. And if you have an AP, AAA, or Disney Visa, the character meals are cheaper using that, and you don't get the difference.

T&Rshep
10-25-2006, 11:33 AM
The only reason why my husband and I get the meal vouchers is if we book our trip really early. We add the vouchers onto our plan, that way we have a whole year to pay it off and don't have to worry about saving money for food right before our trip. That's the only advantage. That and you don't have do worry about carrying cash at the park.

Goosegirl
10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
We used the vouchers this summer and loved them. We liked the fact that our trip was totally paid for and we did not have to worry about going over our budget. We did not have a problem with having extra vouchers at the end of the trip as we have a toddler who was eating as well. So she did not have vouchers but did eat extra food. It worked out well for us and my dh wants to use them for future trips.

momuvseven
10-25-2006, 06:50 PM
We did the same as Goosegirl the time we went alone with our toddler. We didn't buy the meal plan for her since her character meal was already free. We shared with her and used the coupons to buy some kid meals for her too. We were given our discounts too but as previous poster pointed out that doesn't count on the character meal. We also bought one less day than we planned to be there since we really don't need as much as they include. After a character meal we are full for most of the day.
The positive for us was we wanted everything prepaid. Otherwise we start to feel nickel and dimed to death. We just don't want to think about money when we are in the park. I know that is kind of silly but using the vouchers didn't really feel like spending.

Everett Buzz
10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
The only reason why my husband and I get the meal vouchers is if we book our trip really early. We add the vouchers onto our plan, that way we have a whole year to pay it off and don't have to worry about saving money for food right before our trip. That's the only advantage. That and you don't have do worry about carrying cash at the park.

Why would you worry about carrying cash in the park? The vouchers are the same value as cash and if lost or stolen your still out the same amount!

Plus what ever form of payment you use for the trip you could also use to just buy that much in disney dollars then also, Thus ending the problem of change and they give you many more places to eat OR shop with. just my two cents :)

T&Rshep
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM
AAA offered to replace our vouchers if any were lost. Can't do that with cash or Disney dollars. Mind everyone my husband and I are still in college and we don't have alot of money to spend on food or shopping. So by not carrying cash we're not tempted to spend it. To each there own. We like using vouchers.