PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Bunk Bed Rooms & Gift ?

Momtowolf
10-24-2006, 04:28 PM
I didn't know they had rooms with bunk beds......I put in a request for one....hope I get it....

Also we are not staying on the concierge level....but can I still get something sent to our room ahead of time for my kids?

Thanks,

Momtowolf

biolabetty
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
The bunk bed rooms are great, your kids will really enjoy them. There is a trundle bed at the bottom too if you want to separate them more. I have never stayed using concierge there, but I recently arranged to have a gift basket delivered to our room through the Disney Vacation Planning services. It's a free service available to those who are staying at the resort. On the back of your reservation confirmation form they have the information about them. I've even arranged my dining seating through them.

Niele
10-24-2006, 08:00 PM
The people at VP are really awesome! I've gotten some PS's for meals and plan to reserve a tour and order a tree and stockings for the kids with them, also. Every time I call to bug them about something they have been so kind and accommodating, they seem to be able to help out with anything regarding our trip there this December. Very helpful, all of the time, call them.

Gilliegrl
10-25-2006, 05:29 AM
Vacation Planning is awsome...they can fax you a list of the goodie packages that they have and it will arrive sometime after 4 pm. Also they can arrange to have special edible treats delivered to your room too. Ive used them to have something delivered every night of our last stay it made everyone feel special. Some of the goodies that you can have arranged are the mickey ears rice krispy treats, they come on the first night if you are concierge but you can get them for under 20.00. A strawberry set up with strawberries, cream and brown sugar, cookies, and some other extras that arent on the menu. You do have to prepay for all of this but it does add a magical touch.

Momtowolf
10-25-2006, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the replies....I'm going to call this afternoon and see what treats we can get for the kiddos a few nights....

Thanks!!!

Momtowolf

vicbella2
10-25-2006, 09:13 AM
We use VP every time we stay onsite and it does add the extra magic to our trip. Our kids can't wait to get back to our room each night to see what Mickey & friends have left for them. You should also request balloons and autograph photos for your day of arrival. Our kids love getting the ballons and photos when we check in. It's a free service I believe.

Momtowolf
10-26-2006, 05:57 AM
I called the Travel Planning Service and they are going to e-mail me a list of gift baskets they have available (for pre pay of course) and then there are food items also from room service that you can order....I will post when I get the list....

thmar
10-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the information!:)