PDA

View Full Version : Names of the trains

MammaSilva
05-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know all the names of the engines of the trains that run at the park????? I 'thought' the Lilly Belle was the name of the special Caboose decorated by Mrs. Disney, is there an engine named the Lilly Belle as well? someone help??????

Pirate
05-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Engine No. 1- The C.K. Holliday
Engine No. 2- The E.P. Ripley
Engine No. 3- The Fred G. Gurley
Engine No. 4- The Ernest S. Marsh

All named after Santa Fe Railroad bigwigs.
There's 4, I think that's it, but not sure & not sure which ones are in current operation.

The "Lilly Belle" is the fancy caboose (no engine). Of course named after Walt's wife Lilliane & all fancied up, it was used by Walt & for VIP stuff. I guess it still private & used by execs(???).

Uncle Dick
05-17-2002, 04:22 PM
C.K. Holiday, E.P. Ripley, Fred Gurley, Ernest S. Marsh.

There isn't an engine at Disneyland named the Lilly Belle, but the toy railroad that Walt built in his backyard had one.

You can find a lot more information about each individual train, and the Lilly Belle Parlour car at this site (http://waltstoytrains.railfan.net/drr.htm).

[Edit: Arrrrgggg. Pirate beat me to it.]

Pirate
05-17-2002, 04:27 PM
Yahttp://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/ruinkai/shinner.gif & ya gotta be pretty quick on the draw to do that around herehttp://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif

Neat stuff the DL R & R.

DLfreak
05-17-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pirate

The "Lilly Belle" is the fancy caboose (no engine). Of course named after Walt's wife Lilliane & all fancied up, it was used by Walt & for VIP stuff. I guess it still private & used by execs(???).

You can also ride in it as a Club 33 guest. :D That is, if they have it on the tracks that day.
I haven't had a chance to do it. The last time I went to Club 33 and remembered to ask about it, they weren't running the train that had that caboose on it.
But my parents have had the opportunity to ride in it. They said it was a very neat experience.
They also said it was cool, because while they were waiting and getting into the car, people were looking at them like they were famous or something. :cool:

adriennek
05-17-2002, 07:46 PM
A little observation:

the passenger cars that face sideways instead of forward are called the "holiday" train by CMs. So if you go to DL and ask them if the "CK Holiday" engine is running, we've often found that they don't distinguish that people actually pay attention to the engine names.

A little boy I know (no, not mine, but a very good friend of mine,) loves the CK Holliday engine. Last time we went, we asked if the "Holliday engine" was running that day and the CMs enthusiastically told us yes. In came the Marsh. They came up to us after we were sitting, all happy thinking they had made this kids' day, so we had to tell them that actually, they were wrong, it was the Marsh.

So if you want to ride the Holliday you have to try really hard to explain to the CMs what you're talking about.

Adrienne K

MammaSilva
05-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Thanks everyone :) I missed out on riding in the Lilly Belle back in the day when all it took was to pay for that tour, now I understand it's very hard to ride in her and she isn't out on the tracks often but that is on my 'wish list' for someday at the park :)

Mad Hatter
05-17-2002, 11:07 PM
The Lilly Belle wont be out for a long time,one whole side of it has been removed (Damage from another train). Dont know if it will be fixed. I have seen it in the back of the roundhouse.:crying: