PDA

View Full Version : Is the GC entrance still "only" for guests?

mcampisi
05-17-2002, 12:41 PM
or if I exit there (like I do every time to go eat at Whitewater) can I get back in now via that entrance.

Ghoulish Delight
05-17-2002, 12:53 PM
Well, I've never had a problem getting back in through that entrance, and I've never stayed at the hotel.

Uncle Dick
05-17-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by mcampisi
or if I exit there (like I do every time to go eat at Whitewater) can I get back in now via that entrance.
While I've never used that gate myself, I know that Techie7 has successfully made a "soda run" to White Water and back through the GCH gate without any difficulties. It might depend on the CMs stationed there as well.

Darkbeer
05-17-2002, 02:03 PM
As far as I can tell, from personal experence, other posts, and the sign placed in front of the enterance.

The initial entry on your ticket must be from at the main gate, UNLESS you are a guest of the hotel. Once your ticket has been activited, then the turnstyle will display "re-entry or park-hopper", and that is fine. Disney is happy for you to spend money at, and check out the hotel for future visits.

They do want to give the guests a "perk" in the morning though, and let them enter with less wait than the folks at the main gate. (Understandable).

So, once you are in the park, feel free to use the other gates.

This is NOT true of the Paradise Pier enterance, anybody can leave thru that gate, but you need a key to activate a second un-manned gate next to the valet enterance of GCH, if you want to ENTER thru that gate.

cstephens
05-17-2002, 03:05 PM
I've never had a problem entering or exiting DCA through the Grand Californian gate without being a registered guest.

An off-duty CM friend has been denied entrance once though.

Hyperboy
05-17-2002, 03:26 PM
I usually enter DCA from the GC entrance with an AP without any problems. (wow was that sentence acronym hell or what). It has never mattered that it is my initial entry into either one of the parks that day.

After all, they need as many people as possible in DCA, and once I'm *at* the main gate, I'll be more apt to go to disneyland :)

Then again, I usually use the GC gate as a shortcut from WW Snacks to the entrance of disneyland :D

Lani
05-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
I usually enter DCA from the GC entrance with an AP without any problems. (wow was that sentence acronym hell or what).Just like a good lawyer should. ;)

MouseWife
05-17-2002, 07:07 PM
There is an entrance from Paradise Pier??!!!

Where the heck have I been???

Darkbeer
05-17-2002, 08:27 PM
The PP enterance is hidden, to enter the park, you exit out the Hotel's "front door", and cross Disneyland Drive at the light, where the valet/drop off enterance to the GCH is, after crossing the street, you will find the gate less than 50 yards, on the right side, basically behind Mulholland Madness, you will see a sign, plus a Security Key Card Box, the gate will open with your PP hotel key. This is a windy little walk, where you basically keep walking east, and then turn towards the south, where you will find the actual manned entry gate, usually with two CM's who are looking for something to do.... it lets you out between Mulholland Madness and the Corn Dog Castle... when you are in the park, you have to look for it, it's recessed, and kinda hidden among the trees and bushes.

MouseWife
05-17-2002, 10:00 PM
Thanks!

tabacco
05-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Most of the takers don't really care, as long as it's not crowded. They usually reason that as long as there's not much of a line, there's no reason to make you walk around. They're more likely to deny you entrance though if you're signing in with a cast ID.

I never seem to have a problem with that, though ;)

DisneylandKid
05-18-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
The PP enterance is hidden, to enter the park, you exit out the Hotel's "front door", and cross Disneyland Drive at the light, where the valet/drop off enterance to the GCH is, after crossing the street, you will find the gate less than 50 yards, on the right side, basically behind Mulholland Madness, you will see a sign, plus a Security Key Card Box, the gate will open with your PP hotel key. This is a windy little walk, where you basically keep walking east, and then turn towards the south, where you will find the actual manned entry gate, usually with two CM's who are looking for something to do.... it lets you out between Mulholland Madness and the Corn Dog Castle... when you are in the park, you have to look for it, it's recessed, and kinda hidden among the trees and bushes. So APholders cannot enter through this unless they are staying at the PPHotel?

Uncle Dick
05-18-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
So APholders cannot enter through this unless they are staying at the PPHotel?
Correct. GC entrance: yes. PP entrance: no.

ldsguy
06-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Ok, those with Annual Passes can enter in ANY entrance, so long as it is not the first time they are going into DCA for the day. We can reenter through any gate and do not need a hand stamp, this include Paradise Pier, this is what I was told at guest relations when I asked.....those who do not have annual passes and are not staying at the Paradise Pier hotel may not reenter through that gate under any circumstances, but are allowed to reenter though the Grand Californian, again as long as it is not an initial entry into the park.....hope this helps, yes I know it's confusing, but it's thier rules.

Techie7
06-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Just out of curriosity how are AP's to get into the paradise pier entrance to DCA which requires a key card at a gate? Do the APs open this gate with the magnetic swipe? The Grand California is not a problem for an AP because you can walk up to it without the need for a key. If they are busy or it is first thing in the morning they may keep APs from entering for the first time from this gate. I have had no problem in the last few weeks using this gate as my primary entrance to the park a few hours after opening.

cemeinke
06-03-2002, 09:51 AM
Saturday Not Afraid and I went to the movies and decided to get corn dogs before the show. We entered DCA through the Grand Californian. To date we've never been turned away from this enterence whether it's the first time in the park, or a re-entry. Also, no one has ever asked if we were hotel guests.

ldsguy
06-03-2002, 09:57 AM
I do not know for certain how the Paradise Pier hotel gate works exactly, I have never had a need or desire to use this gate, but there are cast members at the gate, so I assume they have something that allows the Annual Pass holders to go through it, all I know is what I was told at guest relations.

Matterhorn Fan
06-03-2002, 10:04 AM
I used the Paradise Pier entrance last week.

There is a locked gate which you must open with your hotel key. Then there's a path that winds around until you come to the turnstile. There is a CM at the turnstile, but not at the gate, so unless APs can open that gate, only hotel guests can use this entrance.

A hotel room key is not needed to open the gate as you exit, so anyone should be able to exit that way, though I can't imagine many circumstances where you would.

SzczerbiakManiac
06-03-2002, 02:02 PM
A few months ago (probably December or January but definitely when APers still had to get a hand stamp for re-entry) I exited via the PP gate. No problem. Getting back in was another story. My AP did not work in the card key slot and I had to walk all the way back to the main DCA entrance (Unfortunately, I didn't know about the GC gate at that time.) :(