PDA

View Full Version : Best Ticket Options?

mowsluver
10-23-2006, 05:16 PM
My daughter and son-in-law will be stationed in southern CA for the next 3 months. What would be the best ticket options for them, pricewise? They may be able to go every weekend and they may only be able to go 2 or 3 times in the next few months, depending on their work schedules.
I looked at CityPass and am kind of confused about it. They really don't care about Sea World or the Zoo, just DL.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Dexter
10-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I would personally recommend the So Cal Annual Pass, it's not too expensive and gives them some flexibility if they choose to go almost every weekend.

ETA, purchasing tickets each weekend isn't exactly financially feasable, like with the Citypass. An Annual Pass, of some level would be their best option.

Katlovett
10-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Are your daughter and son-in-law in the military?

The military discount can be really good - ranging from $52.50 for 1 day/1 park on up to $132.50 for 5 day parkhopper. It is possible that Disneyland may offer some sort of military discounts on annual passes and perhaps you can contact them directly about that.

My daughter is a coast guard reservist, and we got military discount tickets at her base. The tickets indicate that they are "military discount" and I would assume that all branches of the military have similar tickets available to them. Prices are listed here:

http://www.uscg.mil/mlcpac/iscalameda/mwr/Ticket-Prices.html

Note: They sell you the actual tickets, not vouchers for tickets, which you can use directly at the turnstiles.

Katprint

jdromeo21
10-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Look at when they are going to go in the next few months.

It may be feasible to buy like a 2 or 3 day pass during the holiday time, and then upgrade to a so cal pass on the final day...that way you can still go during the holiday black out, and then have the annual pass for the remainder of the year.

The $119 blocks out all weekend days and summer and holidays
The $149 blocks out most Saturdays, summer and holidays

And think about this...even with the discount from the military of $52.50 each, that's only for one park, the $71 is the park hopper for one day...so, think of it this way. Buy the 2 day or 3 day pass and then upgrade...the cost of the actual annual pass is 2 full days at the park hopper rate..but with the AP, you can go all year long.

Bytebear
10-24-2006, 01:44 PM
I would recommend getting parking added to one of the passes ($50 I think). No need for both to get parking as I assume they will be going together! ;)

mowsluver
10-24-2006, 04:31 PM
They do not want to do an annual passport as they will only be there until Feb (at the latest). Three months, really....and they sometimes are not free on the same days. So they might only be able to go to DL 2 or 3 times and possibly 20 times! They really have NO way of knowing ahead of time.

Yes, they are military and it would be great if Disney could put a 'freeze' on passes while they are deployed! It would make no sense to buy one that they can only use for 3 months. If they were sure they could go every weekend that would be a different story but they have screwy schedules right now......

MammaSilva
10-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Lou, actually if the kids buy a AP then get deployed, an email to Disney will usually result in an extention. One person I know was actually deployed and emailed them from climates warm and sandy and they extended his AP for six months. Not as good as a "freeze" for the entire time they are deployed but better than no extention at all.

The So cals are less than a 5 day hopper that expires 14 days after first use ...so even if they only went 5 times over the 3 months but keeping the 14 day expiration issue in mind, the passes are the most affordable option for them for now.

Darkbeer
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
The AP is the way to go...

ALL ParkHoppers have a 2 week shelf life, so if you buy a 5 day PH, you have to use ALL 5 days within the 2 week period.

They are basically forcing you to get an AP if you want to go in a 3 month period. Since the cost of a SoCal AP is about the same as a 3 or 4 day ParkHopper, just buy the AP, and work around the blockout days.... And the Parking Pass is $59, basically worthi it if you will park 6 or more times ($11 per visit).

mowsluver
10-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Mamma Silva! Hello! I hope all is well in your end of the world!!!!:D

I didn't know that Disney will 'help' by extending the AP's for deployed. I will look into that for them...one will be gone in Jan and the other in Feb for a minimum 7 months. This was something I would like to get them for their 1st anniversary since it means so much to my daughter....she grew up with DL!

She told me just last night that when she gets back from 'hell' the first thing she wants to do is go to the Happiest Place on Earth!!