PDA

View Full Version : What about Disneyland Hotel view?

peasy
05-17-2002, 11:41 AM
Speaking of views...I have never stayed at the Disneyland hotel before, but have reservations there in October. Are the rooms with views worth the extra money? What kind of views does it have? Thanks for the help.---Jenn

:confused:

mcampisi
05-17-2002, 12:09 PM
It's funny that for me it used to be luck of the draw. I never requested a room with a view or anything and the first time i stayed there I got a view of the hotel and the waterfall that was awesome. The last time we were there we got a downtown Disney view (albeit under construction). This time we booked a trip and were asked if we wanted a parking lot view or hotel view. I took parking lot view because for me, I don't look out the window too much, or even spend that much time in the room :) That's what you have to ask yourself.

I plan though, for my next trip to the Grand Californian, to go all out and pay for the room facing into DCA.

peasy
05-19-2002, 10:05 AM
Thanks so much for the info. It helps a lot.---peasy

merlinjones
05-19-2002, 04:08 PM
Way back in the 60's they had a Top of the Park Lounge/Restaurant on the top floor of the Disneyland Hotel where you could look over Disneyland and even see the fireworks. Since I love the similar place at the Contemporary Hotel at WDW, I'd love to see them bring this concept back. There is plenty to see from up there with all the new stuff too...

SpaceMTJunkie
05-19-2002, 08:04 PM
I always get the "view room". We get a pool view and try to get as high up as possible. This seems to be our favorite place to be. :)

lillas
05-20-2002, 07:17 AM
We've stayed in every tower and have found Sierra to be the best view of the park and DTD. Often if you request what you want at check in, they will do their best to get you in. Also having a pregnant wife in tow tends to make them bend over backwards to get you close to the monorail station.

80S ERA
05-20-2002, 08:09 AM
I have posted over and over about the room I stayed in the Concierge tower...

So what harm will another one do? We were lucky enough to get a corner room which had an additional window on the side. From one window we were able to see both parks and DTD, and the wedding garden on the other. I loved how the main window was able to open FULLY -- almost as if you converted the entire room into a patio! There is even a note posted on the window warning you about the birds coming in!

daannzzz
05-20-2002, 11:18 AM
I spend more time relaxing now than I did in the past. I used to be at the park most of the time and if not at the park, in the motel pool. Now that I spend time at the room, I do like to have a nice view. I just got back from two nights at the Disneyland Hotel. I requested the Sierra Tower for three reasons.

1 The rooms are big and well arranged. The bathroom is big and has a seperate room for the toilet.
2The two 3 1/2 foot wide sliding glass doors both slide open making a nice seven foot opening to sit at. Room for two or three. I like the way there is no balconey and the air comes rushing in.
23Most of te views in the Sierra Tower will be of Downtown Disney ( with the parks in the backgroud) or of the hotyel courtyard with trees, pools and some of the buildings. The other two towers have courtyard views and expansive parkingot views on the other side. The Marina tower has side views of Disneyland and the fireworks.
I have stayed int he Bonita Tower as well and the room is big but the bathroom is a standard motel style bath with sink, toilet and tub all in one ordinary room. But this tower's rooms have an entry way with a wet bar that came in handy for piling stuff on when walking into the room. The sliding doors don't open quite as wide here.
I haven't stayed in the Marina Tower so don't know if the configuration is the same as the Sierra or the Bonita buit the rooms look a little narrower based on the windo configuation and the sliders appear to open even less than the other two.

peasy
05-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Thank you so much daannzzz! With your help and the help of one other reply recommending the Sierra tower I will make sure to request that tower. We paid the extra money for a view room so hopefully they will "hook us up"! I'm sure it won't hurt that we will be there in October! Thanks again!