PDA

View Full Version : Coffee in Standard Grand Californian Rooms?

Momtowolf
10-23-2006, 05:43 AM
We are staying at the Grand Californian...please tell me the standard rooms have coffee makers in them...also do they have timers????

Thanks!!!

Coffee Addict!!! lOL

MammaSilva
10-23-2006, 05:55 AM
No and No

jenpace
10-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Every time we have stayed at the GCH there have been coffee makers in the room. They also provide coffee in pouch-like containers but I always bring my own coffee and filters.

Sorry, not sure what timers you are referring to.

Jennifer

ftroop6
10-23-2006, 06:50 AM
If there isn't a coffee pot in your room all you have to do is call housekeeping and they will bring you one. As for the timers I am not sure what you are refering to.

stan4d_steph
10-23-2006, 07:56 AM
I doubt that the coffeemakers provided have automatic timers on them. You could bring your own timer and plug the maker into it. Otherwise, you'll just need to turn on the pot when you wake up.

biolabetty
10-23-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd bring your own coffee, my mom made some in our room and she said it tasted like medicine.

Alice Fan
10-23-2006, 10:51 AM
From one "Coffee Addict" to another...lol....our standard room had a coffee maker, but a small "hotel-sized" one with no timer. Housekeeping gives you one pouch of regular and one pouch of decaf coffee each day, and although I'm sure they will bring more if you call, I find it easier just to bring my own along with some filters, sweetener, and creamer. The pot only makes about 2 cups, or one a half mugs...so I can down two pots from when we get up to when we're ready to leave the room! Good luck and have fun!

vicbella2
10-23-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd bring your own coffee, my mom made some in our room and she said it tasted like medicine.

Dh drinks coffee everday and liked it well enough. However, his grandmother did not like the taste and would go down to WWS to pick up some coffee.

kikid
10-23-2006, 04:41 PM
We are staying at the Grand Californian...please tell me the standard rooms have coffee makers in them...also do they have timers????

Thanks!!!

Coffee Addict!!! lOL
Yes and No. Small coffee maker, but decent coffee (Not Peets mind you;) )

kikid
10-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Thanks!!!

Coffee Addict!!! lOL
oh, forgot to mention. Someone posted recently that the Book/Coffee shop by DH now sells Peets;)

Momtowolf
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the 411 everyone!!!

I'm a Starbucks girl and will bring my own coffee!!! LOL Oh yeah and creamer!!

I'm the type that can't leave the hotel room without having a cup or two.....

jMom
10-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Yes ... it's called "room service." You can even specify time of delivery for your morning cuppa. ;)

Kricky
10-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Just got back from a 4-night stay at GCH. We had a standard room with a small coffee maker. It comes with coffee in a pouch (regular or decaf), add water, plug it in and turn it on. No timer. Another option is to go to White Water Snacks, next to the pool, and grab a cup of coffee from there. If you buy one of their mugs ($7.99), you get unlimited refills during your entire stay. I'm not sure if the refills are just for the fountain soft drinks, but I saw people putting coffee in theirs in the morning. My hubby grabbed a few Pumpkin Spice Latte's from a place on Main Street, about halfway down on the left (don't remember the name of it!).