PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Roger Hotel

kenzmom2cu
10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
My family and I are going to Disneyland December 11-16th. We are staying at the Jolly Roger. Does anyone know how far it is to walk there and how is the hotel all together? Also I'm sure the park will be super busy that week. I was thinking it might not be since all kids are still in school until the next week, however after reading alot of post I'm sure it's going to be .

Malcon10t
10-22-2006, 05:45 PM
My family and I are going to Disneyland December 11-16th. We are staying at the Jolly Roger. Does anyone know how far it is to walk there and how is the hotel all together? Also I'm sure the park will be super busy that week. I was thinking it might not be since all kids are still in school until the next week, however after reading alot of post I'm sure it's going to be .
Its a fair walk. Its about 3/4 of a mile. If the Lion King tram is running, you can cross teh street and catch it and it would be closer. I haven't stayed there since I was little (30 years ago) so I'm not sure about the rooms.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
10-22-2006, 11:11 PM
I stayed there 3 years ago. The carpet was filthy. We had one of the few rooms with a King bed, and it was right over the street. We got to listen to the traffic all night long. NEVER AGAIN! As I recall, we drove to the park.

stan4d_steph
10-23-2006, 07:22 AM
You can check out some reviews in our MousePlanet Database here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrjollyrogerhotel). From those two, I'd definitely stay away.

kenzmom2cu
10-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Okay so I just changed our reservation. We are now staying at the Fairfield Anaheim Inn. Anyone have info on that hotel?

stan4d_steph
10-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Okay so I just changed our reservation. We are now staying at the Fairfield Anaheim Inn. Anyone have info on that hotel?I would suggest that you do a search of the forum using the hotel name, and also look at the reviews in our database (link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrfairfieldinn)).

BlkPearlCptn
10-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Glad to see you chose another place. Stayed there about a month ago. Carpet AND room was absolutely filthy, and we were almost overrun by the roaches running across our faces at night. We sucked up the loss on the second night (they refused to refund the monies) and found another place. Also filed a complaint with Travelocity.

I second the NEVER AGAIN!!!

daisydog
10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Isn't the Jolly Roger one of Disney's Good Neighbor hotels?

kenzmom2cu
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
It is however it is the bottom of the barrel. Well that's what i've read at least.

Disnerd
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
You may want to reconsider the Fairfield. This from an earlier thread. http://www.nysun.com/article/41358:eek:

OCCOBRA
10-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Just had friends come in last month from Arizona and they stayed at the Jolly Roger. They where not happy. Stay away...

LLevy
10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
You may want to reconsider the Fairfield. This from an earlier thread. http://www.nysun.com/article/41358:eek:

The Fairfield is our usual back up (now that we've discovered the Candy Cane). We've stayed there at least 8 times, and have had a few problems with outer doors sticking open/ shut or not unlocking, and the cold wind whirling around with ill-fitting door- BUT..
the rooms are large and clean,(so they can fit in table and chairs, and a sofa bed) the beds are comfy, they have 'fridges and coffee makers in every room, the walk isn't bad, the pool and hot tub are clean, large and nicely heated, the staff is wonderful about working around the problems, the Restaurants (fast food and not) are close and overall I recommend it to anyone if you can get a good price.

as opposed to our also bad experience at the Jolly Roger where we requested two ajoining non- smoking rooms, and go two different levels that stank of smoke. It took alot of arguement to get two non ajoining rooms on the same floor that didn't stink.. we were unimpressed and haven't stayed there since.

LL

jamsandwich
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
To further muddy things, you might want to try to get a deal on a hotel room via Priceline.com or Hotwire. You don't get to pick your hotel, but you'll probably get better value... the two hotels I've booked through PL for Disney trips have both had free shuttles and been cheaper than a stay at the Super 8. I know it's just a place to sleep, but it's nice to sleep somewhere nice :)

kenzmom2cu
10-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Sounds like I sould stay at candy cane Inn. Well I think I might be staying at the Fairfield because the candy cane is cheeper and it will cost me to change my reservation if it's down instead of up in cost.

mistofviolets
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM
If you're wanting to walk...the Park Vue is the closest, seconded by Best Western Park Place. Camelot in is fairly close, and the Desert Palms I think it was? Is also close (Its the one I've heard the least about). We stayed at Park Vue and plan to stay at Best western next time, if we can't get into Grand Californian :P

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
10-25-2006, 12:19 AM
To further muddy things, you might want to try to get a deal on a hotel room via Priceline.com or Hotwire. You don't get to pick your hotel, but you'll probably get better value... the two hotels I've booked through PL for Disney trips have both had free shuttles and been cheaper than a stay at the Super 8. I know it's just a place to sleep, but it's nice to sleep somewhere nice :)

I hate to mention it, but the reason that I stayed at Jolly Roger was that I got a $50 room on a Saturday night on Priceline. My hotel was the Jolly Roger. It is on the 2nd best level, one down from the Hyatt as far as stars go on Priceline's rating system.
I have received the Hyatt for $39 on Priceline though, and I would gamble again to get it.