PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Christmas Tree has arrived

Pages : [1] 2

chrisaustx
10-22-2006, 04:51 PM
The Disneyland Christmas Tree arrived either Friday or Sat, I noticed it last night around 1am. The Christmas tree is visible from the tram route, green chemicals were being sprayed onto the branches this afternoon.
Here are a few photos I took today of the Christmas tree.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/100_7548.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/100_7544.jpg

the rest of the photos from today will be up shortly,
chrisaustx.smugmug.com

disneyhound
10-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Cool!

pisces
10-22-2006, 06:02 PM
NO !!!!

It's feels like it's about 80 degrees outside too! To me.

I betcha anything that tree is in place before the 10th.

Christmas is really here!

RStar
10-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Well, it could be 80* on Christmas day here, you never know. But man, it seems early, doesn't it? Those green fire-proof chems help keep it from drying out too much. And hopefully it's in water as well.....

I like how they always hide it among the other trees. Like no one will notice;) .

bassett1976
10-23-2006, 06:25 AM
They already have Christmas items in the stores. Things like hats and ornaments.

pisces
10-23-2006, 06:44 AM
That tree has to last till January, and then some...

It's still October.

You can imagine all the varieties of weather it will go through between now and then....high winds, heavy rains...cold, heat, the heat of those lights... shedding.

I hope it makes it.

A long road ahead of it.

I imagine they are keeping it in water.

I would have expected it would arrive in early November.

daisydog
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
With the quality of artificial trees today, I'm surprised Disney doesn't go route. Last year there were so many ornaments on the tree you could barely see it anyways. By the way, it was beautiful!

hlbtimes2
10-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I would have expected it would arrive in early November.

I doubt that 10 days or so make much of a difference in the whole big pictures. Thats a big tree that gets lots of lights and decorations. If they got it in early Nov they would have a hard time getting it up in time.

mi_mous
10-23-2006, 10:32 AM
WOW!!

I'm excited for the holidays, but it does seem a little early.

But, as hlbtimes2 said, it's probably right on schedule to be decorated, etc.

samkj
10-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I did a search and Darkbeer had a picture of the tree backstage last year on Oct 23, so the timing is exactly the same.

I'm excited for Christmas, but a little sad since I won't get to see it this year. I'll just keep looking at the DLR photo updates.

DisneyDustin22
10-23-2006, 11:25 AM
LIGHT THAT BABY UP!

(with lights...u know what i mean) ;)

tinker3
10-23-2006, 11:31 AM
I am probably in the minority here, but I am ready for Christmas ASAP. I love seeing Christmas Deco's up by the 1st of November, it just extends the holiday's! :)

DisneyDustin22
10-23-2006, 11:50 AM
I love Christmas and I love Halloween. I don't it's fair that Santa get's to poke his rear end into Halloween anymore. Remember when Christmas stuff wouldn't show up until the week before Thanksgiving? Now it's like, once midnight hits on Oct 31. Santa starts scoping out the town. So many people leave up their Christmas stuff well into January. I think Halloween should get the same. Halloween isn't nearly as expensive as Christmas too. How much is a bag of candy corn, like $.59 cents?? Egg Nog is like $3.85 a carton! and I drink a lot of egg nog!

Tinker Bell
10-23-2006, 12:07 PM
The tree has been here for over a week. Sunday they started putting the coating on it.

AaronInCal
10-23-2006, 02:52 PM
The past serveral years now they always have the Christmas tree by mid-October. They spray so much stuff on it that it basically is a fake tree by the time they are done. Somehow they make it last till January though. It is surprising they have yet to switch to an artificial tree like all the other Disney parks. But I'm glad they haven't. Hopefully they never will.

lisap
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Despite all the stuff they coat it with, it still smells like the real thing and sheds needles like the real thing. I'm so glad they keep that tradition.:)

BQ2
10-23-2006, 05:01 PM
The Disneyland Christmas Tree arrived

Thanks for the sneak peak ;)

BQ2

pisces
10-23-2006, 07:15 PM
So many people leave up their Christmas stuff well into January.

Not Disney, in the past many of the decorations, including the tree, have been yanked down quite early in January.

Some say this year will be different, but I don't think so, given that the tree is being prepped so early.

By January, that tree will need to come down it will be shedding so much.

pisces
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
I am probably in the minority here, but I am ready for Christmas ASAP. I love seeing Christmas Deco's up by the 1st of November, it just extends the holiday's! :)

I'm ready, but LA was 80 degrees today. In Glendale, it felt like 90.

It's a little strange. I just hope they've got that tree in water!

pisces
10-23-2006, 07:19 PM
I did a search and Darkbeer had a picture of the tree backstage last year on Oct 23, so the timing is exactly the same.

I'm excited for Christmas, but a little sad since I won't get to see it this year. I'll just keep looking at the DLR photo updates.

Where? Where's that thread? I want proof. Last year everything seemed late.

PAPACITO
10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
With the quality of artificial trees today, I'm surprised Disney doesn't go route. Last year there were so many ornaments on the tree you could barely see it anyways. By the way, it was beautiful!

Dont trust me on this, but I got up close to it and noticed a metal pole instead of a wood truck so it appears to be artificial.

chrisaustx
10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
At 1am Sunday morning, I took the tram to the parking garage, I saw flood lights on the Christmas Tree and smelled the old seasonal smell of a large evergreen tree. If that tree is fake, Disneyland sure got it smelling right. When I saw it again on Sunday, all the green chemicals were sprayed on it and it didn't have that Christmas tree smell anymore. Maybe what you saw was the trunk, crusted over by green spray?

pisces
10-23-2006, 09:45 PM
I think they get it from Mount Shasta.

I think it would be hard to construct something that large.

I hope they replant it afterwards.

I wonder how much it costs. I'm looking for last year's press release, but I doubt it lists the price Disney paid, including shipping.

If it were fake, they'd save money on shipping, etc.

samkj
10-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Where? Where's that thread? I want proof. Last year everything seemed late.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=755700&postcount=13

Doug
10-24-2006, 10:46 AM
LOL! No kidding.....

Well, it could be 80* on Christmas day here, you never know. But man, it seems early, doesn't it? Those green fire-proof chems help keep it from drying out too much. And hopefully it's in water as well.....

I like how they always hide it among the other trees. Like no one will notice;) .