PDA

View Full Version : Which Attraction do you miss?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Allysen1Derland
05-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Whenever I read all of your great posts on MP, I get all nostalgic-like! I think of the stuff I miss @ DL, like "America Sings" and "Adventure Thru Innerspace" (even though that giant eyeball in the telescope freaked me out as a kid!) What do you guys miss most? Whether it's the old mine cart ride, or the time they threw a couple particle board cut-outs of the "Disney Afternoon" Gummi Bears on the old motor boat ride (Disney low-point) I'm dying to know what you guys think! Entertain me, please!;)

Allysen1Derland
05-17-2002, 10:26 AM
Ohmigosh!! How could I forget to mention my very favorite "People Mover"?? Complete with high-tech Tron scene! Or even better, the old freeway scene that preceded it? Holy Moly, The lights are on, but Allysen's not home....

Uncle Dick
05-17-2002, 10:49 AM
I miss the keel boats. And the Swiss Family Treehouse. And the Country Bear Playhouse.

Allysen1Derland
05-17-2002, 11:02 AM
Thank you for reminding me, Uncle Dick! I miss those attractions, too

justagrrl
05-17-2002, 11:08 AM
For me - Adventures through inner space and people mover especially.

For my Mom - Country Bear Jamboree...especially when he used to sing "There was blood on the table....."

dizneelover
05-17-2002, 11:43 AM
PEOPLE MOVER!!! WOOHOO!

Ghoulish Delight
05-17-2002, 11:59 AM
Rocket Jets (and don't you dare tell me they still exist!), the people mover, the Skyway. Those are the big three that I miss.

mcampisi
05-17-2002, 12:06 PM
People Mover. I would bet that of all the attractions in the last 15 years that will get the most votes.

Allysen1Derland
05-17-2002, 12:14 PM
I hear ya, Ghoulish Delight! That futuristic Dumbo dealie in the front of TL could never replace the Rocket Jets!

Hyperboy
05-17-2002, 12:15 PM
I miss the old tomorrowland, generally. Like the ramp leading up to Space Mountain. And the Mary Blair mural. And the Peoplemover in the EXTREMELY LOUD world of Tron.

I don't really miss the subs though. I went on them with Morrigoon the last day they were running, and thought it was just as boring as I had remembered ;)

Allysen1Derland
05-17-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
I miss the old tomorrowland, generally. Like the ramp leading up to Space Mountain. And the Mary Blair mural. And the Peoplemover in the EXTREMELY LOUD world of Tron.

I don't really miss the subs though. I went on them with Morrigoon the last day they were running, and thought it was just as boring as I had remembered ;)

LOL!! You are sooo right! Why was the world of Tron so loud?? Most rides leave you with a happy feeling. That one left you with a happy feeling and a raging case of tinnitus.

peasy
05-17-2002, 12:48 PM
DEFINITELY, aventures through inner space. I was LITTLE when I went on that ride, but I still hold a very clear memory of it. I would give anything to go on that ride today! It used to boggle my mind to think about how your body would shrink when you went through it,....like I said I was REALLY YOUNG! I was living the magic that Walt created.

hefferdude
05-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Skyway to TL -------------:D-----------:cool: --------Skyway to FL

People Mover and the rockets up on the tower :crying:

MammaSilva
05-17-2002, 03:34 PM
thanks Hefferdude! I LOVED the skyway, I have pictures that we took the last time we were on them before they were taken down, just as we got ready to go thru the tunnel in the Matterhorn......

stevemo
05-17-2002, 03:48 PM
I realize that some were underwhelmed by them, but I really do miss the submarines. Think about it, we were really under water (at least the seats were below the water line) viewing real, tangible objects; not in some 3D film-based motion simulator. Come on people, a SUBMARINE!!

After that I would say I miss the Swiss Family Treehouse.

Pirate
05-17-2002, 04:05 PM
I'm w/ peasy on Adventure Thru Inner Space (http://www.yesterland.com/innersp.html).
As a kid it was a must do, we just called it "Monsanto." We loved that it was "free" & I think later it became a C ticket.

Ace
05-17-2002, 07:07 PM
PEOPLEMOVER.

Gemini Cricket
05-17-2002, 07:11 PM
Subs! I miss the Giant Squid and the cross-eyed sea monster.:D

DLfreak
05-17-2002, 07:25 PM
I miss Swiss Family Treehouse! And I missed it even more when I got the Swiss Family Robinson DVD and saw Walt Disney and Haley Mills walking through!!! :crying:

I also miss the People Mover! :(

MammaSilva
05-17-2002, 09:13 PM
I miss the subs but don't miss that smell they used to have something between a funky lockeroom, mildew, old sneaker smell .... I remember waiting impatiently for them to turn on the little blowers so I could sit with my face in front of one to help with the smell :) but I did think to video tape it that last summer when we knew it was going to be going going gone at the end of summer so I have it for the memories :)

SoCalSnowWhite
05-17-2002, 10:23 PM
PEOPLEMOVER!!!!!!! That was the best ride when your feet are tired and you need a rest. Plus, the music rocked!!! And Tron, "you have escaped for now human" Bring it back!!!!!!! i also miss the boats that you could drive in Fantasy land. Are those the keel boats that you're talkin about? My son would love those boats... sigh.... yesterland....:rolleyes:

SoCalSnowWhite
05-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Just a quick add-on.... i barely got the name Allysen1Derland...I'm so lame...

Mad Hatter
05-17-2002, 10:54 PM
The Phantom Boats(very relaxing) People Mover, Tomorrowland Subs,Carosel of Progress,Flying Saucers,Skyway,Painted dessert Train ride,Pack Mules,Original shooting galleries(with Pellet guns),Keel Boats,Flight to the moon-Mission to mars,and even Captain Eo,Circle Vision.:(

Gauchograd99
05-17-2002, 11:07 PM
Country Bears and a Splash Mtn that has not been tampered with by the lame lawyers. (You realize that Disney is the only company that I know of which has instituted a restraint system on their logs. Knotts.... none, Six Flags... none, and last I checked there are no reported problems in those parks.)
I miss the Motorboat Cruise from when I was little and got to pilot a boat around and the subs being gone leaves me with a hole... all that land and NOTHING happening there.

Allysen1Derland
05-18-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by SoCalSnowWhite
Just a quick add-on.... i barely got the name Allysen1Derland...I'm so lame...

You are so NOT lame, SoCalSnowWhite!:)
I have the most confusing spelling of my first name, "Allysen". That's why I generally go by "Ally". But it wasn't until I became a MP member that I thought, "I can throw "1derland" behind my name and "voila!" I'm a Disney character! Finally, this first name is good for somethin'!!:)