PDA

View Full Version : Can I view fireworks from Fantasmic viewing area?

jackaroosmom
10-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Since we will have our 2 year old in his stroller and lots of people to contend with, I imagine it will be hard to get around the crowds to a better vantage point for the fireworks in so short a time. Also, we are going to be there this Sat. night so it might be pretty crowded.

Any suggestions? We are trying to do this for our son's enjoyment more than for ours, so it doesn't have to be the optimum viewing, ya know?

Thanks!!

stan4d_steph
10-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Short answer: yes

Longer answer: you may not see all of the effects of the show, but you will be able to see the majority of the shells as they are launched high up into the sky. You will also be able to hear the music, as it is played over the Fantasmic sound system. :)

Bolivar
10-20-2006, 08:45 AM
I am not one to wait hours for a seat and I'm not one to fight crowds, so I never even tried to view the fireworks from a decent spot. But when we were there in August, I decided I wanted to really see them. About 15 minutes before they started, my daughter and I headed toward the hub and walked around a bit. We had no problem finding a great spot in the middle of the street a bit behind the partners statue. Well, quite a bit behind. We were about as far back as the gates to Adventureland, but we were over on Main St. in the middle of the street. There was plenty of space in the middle of the street and we just grabbed some space and sat down. A few minutes later the CMs told everyone to stand and move forward to make more room and a few minutes later the show started. I was truly awesome to see the show from there. When it was over we made our way over to Fantasmic for the second show and sat in front of the water, right in the middle. No problem at all.

That was the middle of August, a weekday, but still. That is my only experience trying to do this so maybe it was unusual, but if I were you, that is what I would do. But, I would ditch the stroller.

Frogberto
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
This is a suprisingly good area to see the fireworks from. One night that Fantasmic was not showing, we exited Pirates right as the fireworks were beginning. The area was empty, and you could see all of the "main" fireworks (the ones launched from toontown) very clearly.