PDA

View Full Version : Best view in DISNEYLAND

Pony Sugrue
05-16-2002, 10:47 PM
For me, it is really hard to find any view better than the one you'll find sitting in late-afternoon "New Orleans Square" on a wall in front of THE HAUNTED MANSION, staring past the docked "Sailing Ship Columbia" across the river to the "Mark Twain"... with "Thunder Mountain" looming behind it... all warmly lit by the setting sun. I don't care how weird or hectic my life gets, that visual scenario always soothes me.

Uncle Dick
05-16-2002, 11:39 PM
I like the Enchanted Tiki Garden at night. Multicolored lights illuminating the statues. And the reflection of the water from Maui's pool on the walls and ceiling.

The Hungry Bear Restaurant at night is also very beautiful, with all the lights lit up and reflecting on the water, just as the Mark Twain turns the bend and leaves civilization behind.

At DCA, after the park's closed at night, I like the view down Hollywood Picture's Backlot. Not a sole in sight, save for a custodial sweeper or two.

And in the Main Entry Plaza late at night. Only one or two other people still milling about. Both parks are empty but still lit up as brightly as ever.

jslivinski
05-17-2002, 07:08 AM
Looking down Main Street towards the castle early in the morning or late at night when the streets are almost empty. It like coming home after being away and turning on to your street and seeing your house at the end of the block.

80S ERA
05-17-2002, 07:47 AM
The view....

- From the Concierge lounge in the Sierra Tower. Nothing beats a glass of wine with a bird's eye view of both parks and DTD.
- From the Disneyland Gallery balcony. The sight of Rivers of America is purely majestic.
- Looking down Hollywood Blvd. It looks so real at times, I have to remind myself its just a backdrop

And of course...

- looking into you date's eyes, when you're 15 years old. :D

Ghoulish Delight
05-17-2002, 08:01 AM
Sadly, my favorite view no longer exists. That'd be the view from the highest position on the old Rocket Jets. Sigh.

I always like looking down Main Street from atop the train platform. Especially while it's "snowing."

But my favorite current DLR view isn't in Disneyland. It's in DCA. The view from either the Maliboomer or the Sun Wheel (it lasts longer in the Sun Wheel) at night while the Electrical Parade is running. Now THAT'S amazing. The refelction of all of the attractions in the water, plus the ability to literally see the enitre parade at once. Truly stunning, and it's the reason I'm actually VERY happy they moved the parade to DCA. I may not like the initial motivation for it, but it has turned into a spectacular venue for it.

tabacco
05-17-2002, 09:38 AM
I hereby submit that the best view in Disneyland is, by definition, any view in Disneyland ;)

Allysen1Derland
05-17-2002, 09:48 AM
I totally agree with Ghoulish Delight! The old Rocket Jets had the most killer view of the park- and I miss them!! Main Street comes in at a close second. Lots of fun people-watching going on when you sit on any one of the benches near the hub. Does Downtown Disney count?? Because the view from the Uva Bar while drinking appletinis or cosmos with my best friend is by far the BEST!!;)

Dave Z
05-17-2002, 12:26 PM
A Yesterland view I always enjoyed was from the Skyway.

I've also been coming long enough to have had a few early entrys where ther was literally no one on Main St between you and the Castle.

Another classic Yesterland view was of the Matterhorn, sub lagoon, and monorail from TL.

DZ

Ace
05-17-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
I hereby submit that the best view in Disneyland is, by definition, any view in Disneyland ;)
haha. there's always something like this! stick to the rules, you rebels! (even though I agree with you....)

I'd have to say any view off the Matterhorn at night. ESPECIALLY during CHristmas, with the Small World facade.

MammaSilva
05-17-2002, 09:28 PM
tough call but one of my favs would be the view from the balcony off the galary at night during the fireworks

corrinhorn
05-18-2002, 11:16 AM
I would have to say, (coming from a cast members POV) the best view is of Main Street right after the park has been cleared of day guests standing by the train station facing the castle...there is NOBODY on Main Street, and the lighting is just AWESOME!!! The castle is amazing and the main street music is still going (plus it is cool to see the like 60 trash cans in that little 1/2 mile stretch)...this usually only works for CM's, or if you are the absolute last one out, but then there are still Security guards on main street...

IMHO

tabacco
05-18-2002, 11:19 PM
Eh, I prefer sunrise, myself. Main Street is nice, but standing near the canoe dock with the sun rising over the island is pretty darn nice, too.

Tink
05-20-2002, 10:29 AM
I noticed a pretty neat view from the deck of the Mark Twain as it pulled into dock. You could see SB's Castle directly in front of The Matterhorn. You could also see Big Thunder to the left and Space Mountain to the right. So much visible from one vantage point.

Techie7
05-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tink
I noticed a pretty neat view from the deck of the Mark Twain as it pulled into dock. You could see SB's Castle directly in front of The Matterhorn. You could also see Big Thunder to the left and Space Mountain to the right. So much visible from one vantage point.

You also missed the giant glowing Maliboomer towering over the skyline. Or as Flubber put it (I may quote this wrong if someone wants to correct me) "The giant firery stick of death" It just does not quite fit in with NOS to have vegas style lights flashing overhead.

Gemini Cricket
05-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
At DCA, after the park's closed at night, I like the view down Hollywood Picture's Backlot. Not a sole in sight, save for a custodial sweeper or two.
Isn't that a view of DCA at any time?
:D

My favorite view was from the People Mover at night during the fireworks. It's a yesterland memory I have. It was a very special time for me. Just me and my dad @ DL. The first time he and I ever spent any quality time together. :) We were rushing to get some fun time in before he left for Hawaii and I started school @ Chapman University. :)

Uncle Dick
05-20-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket

Isn't that a view of DCA at any time?
:D
It might be if they kept it open past dark… HPB looks the coolest at night.

Flubber
05-20-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Techie7

You also missed the giant glowing Maliboomer towering over the skyline. Or as Flubber put it (I may quote this wrong if someone wants to correct me) "The giant firery stick of death" It just does not quite fit in with NOS to have vegas style lights flashing overhead.

That's the "New Orleans Mardi Gras Flaming Stick of Death" and it's quite visible over NOS from the third deck of the Mark Twain while sitting at the dock. Not to be picky though.

One of my favorite views of the park, day or evening, is from the benches on the train platform overlooking Main Steet. So much activity, so much to see!

Flub

RStar
05-20-2002, 04:18 PM
The view from the old Tommarrowland (I use that term loosley) Rockets was the best, but second in that area is from the upper deck of Space Mountain at night looking to the hub. The fireworks are pretty good from there as well.

It's not as much a view as an atmosphere, but the lower level of Hungry Bear resturant past the bathrooms and down the walkway just before the back stairs to the upper level on a hot afternoon. It's cool and shady. Looking over at Tom's Island (Mr. Eisner won't claim it after all) and watching the ducks scatter as the Mark Twain rounds the bend. Very relaxing.......
I just hope it hasn't gone to yesterland with the work there.......

cvc247
05-20-2002, 07:02 PM
i like the question and i'm going to have to try some of the answers.. i enjoy taking a ride on the Mark Twain and standing on the top in the very back..it's cool to look over and watch everyone along New Orleans Square doing there thing..certain people usually stand out..it's sorta like a where's Waldo picture..i always wave to people 'cause it makes me feel kinda cool and special..lot's of people wave back..it's just simple fun..(my nephew thinks it's embarassing).. the most memorable view is standing just in front of the candy shop on Christmas eve and watching the fireworks..the street is dark and you're glancing between the trees with small bright lights glowing from them and everyone is very quiet looking up in awe..and once it snows some young women tend to cry and hug family members..very beautiful!..and yes i also get a bit teary..lol

Gauchograd99
05-20-2002, 08:24 PM
I think that looking up or down Main St with little to nobody on the street in the early morning is my favorite view. Number two for me would be gliding around the Matterhorn and looking into Fantasyland at night... all those smiling faces down there and the bright lights. I do love NOS pretty much anytime of day, but Main Street with nobody on it is #1... add a light fog to really give it character.

Pony Sugrue
05-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Standing at night on the bridge over the water next to "Big Thunder"; listening to the fake crickets and howling dog is a great escape from the rest of the park. I like to lean up against the bridge rail and stare up at the dimly lit spires of "Big Thunder Mountain".

Pony Sugrue
05-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Also a view I noticed when I visited Disneyland on a clear day in January:

I walked up to the highest point in Tarzan's treehouse, walked past the baby crib (in the branches) and stopped before the stairs going down. I looked out over Disneyland and saw snow-capped mountains... and no, it wasn't the Matterhorn. It was the set of powdered 10,000 ft plus San Gabriel mountains. It was surreal because usually this area is too smoggy to see those giant things everyday... but seeing them from Disneyland was even more unique.