PDA

View Full Version : adults permitted? [Max Height/Weight on any Attractions?]

wifeofbedo
10-18-2006, 04:09 PM
As a family with 2 kids 6 & 10, we plan on seeing everything and going on virtually everything during our visit. Are there any rides that adults cannot go on? - in both DL and CA. (due to height or weight restrictions)
I don't think our kids would be that comfortable going on their own on anything, so I would prefer to skip such attractions rather than stand in line and then tell the kids - it's by yourself or nothing.
I've not been to DL in 10 years, so things have changed a bit.

Any advice appreciated!

hbquikcomjamesl
10-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Uh, so far as I'm aware, only a few of the outright "kiddie" attractions in ToonTown and A Bug's Land exclude adults.

BTW, when did "Goofy's Bounce House" become "Goofy's Playhouse"???
Does the "Chip 'n' Dale" kiddie attraction still have a ball-pit?

Ragrobyn
10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Casey Jones is a tight fit. I did squeeze into the cage tho :eek:

The Jelly fish has a weight restriction, Pooh Size folks (like me) can only watch. But I did go on every other ride ( except the Orange Stinger because I have a crazy phobia about swings :( )

So have a great time!

Katran
10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Casey Jones is a tight fit. I did squeeze into the cage tho :eek:

The Jelly fish has a weight restriction, Pooh Size folks (like me) can only watch. But I did go on every other ride ( except the Orange Stinger because I have a crazy phobia about swings :( )

So have a great time!

My husband is also "Pooh-sized" (I like your analogy!), and also was able to fit into Casey Jones, though like you the fit was a bit snug.

And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is afraid of the Orange Stinger-style rides! I get teased quite a bit about that, but I have a horrible fear of being dangled over a high drop, and will not go on anything like that. Same with the Maliboomer. I will NOT go on that! The only reason I can even do Tower of Terror is because it's in a dark, enclosed space and I can fool myself into believing I'm not that high up (except when those windows open; I just look at the cameras and flashing lights then).

Oops! Sorry to hijack!

Drince88
10-18-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure if it still does, but back when DCA first opened, Orange Stinger had a weight limit of 200 lbs.

I don't recall the non-cage seats on Casey Junior being a particularly tight fit.

drjones
10-18-2006, 08:15 PM
who is Casey Jones?

Isn't he that guy from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

wifeofbedo
10-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Okay, good to know. We don't have any weight issues as such, just that we wanted to be able to "be a kid" too wherever we can. :D

I think perhaps we will skip the circus train, as it looked like a tight squeeze for most anybody and you can see the same sights on the storybook boat ride anyway. Goofy's bounce house I know is off limits.

Actually specifically I was wondering about Dumbo, and the bug rides in CA - the ladybug one, the caterpillar, and one other I think.....have not been to CA so everything will be brand new to us.

Gosh, I feel old - the last time we were there CA wasn't even invented yet:eek:

IdahoMike
10-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I believe the Orange Stinger's weight limit is 250 lbs, but don't quote me on that. The Ladybug ride in Bug's Land is closed, but Flik's Flyers and Heimlich's Chew Chew Train are fine for adults, same for Tuck n Roll's Drive-em Buggies. Not the most exciting rides in the world, although Heimlich is strangely entertaining. I weight about 260, and I had no problem with Casey Jr. Circus Train. If size is a problem for any of the adults, the ride I had the most problems with was Mulholland Madness, the car was very tight, and the lap bar didn't go down very far due to my knees being up so high, there is no leg room in there!

Mike

wifeofbedo
10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
who is Casey Jones?

Isn't he that guy from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

------------------------------------------------
drjones:

Casey Jones was a famous train engineer from many years ago (1800's I think) He died doing his job. He was the engineer of a train called the Cannonball.

Back in the days of B&W TV, a series called Casey Jones was made, starring Alan Hale Jr. (yes, Skipper on Gilligan's Island).
The show Petticoat Junction also named their town train the Cannonball.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-18-2006, 10:14 PM
He died doing his job. More than that. He ordered his fireman to jump to safety, and when they found his body, I believe they found either the whistle handle, or the brake handle, or maybe both, still in his hand(s).

Katran
10-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Wow, I feel so stupid. I honestly never knew that Casey Jones was a real person. Boy have I got some research to do!

hbquikcomjamesl
10-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Yes. John Luther "Casey" Jones was (in the words of the ballad that commemorated his death) "a brave engineer."

"Casey Jr.," on the other hand, was the circus train from Dumbo.

lauramaynot
10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
I believe the Orange Stinger's weight limit is 250 lbs, but don't quote me on that.

I remember distinctly reading the sign as 200 lbs since I saw it AFTER I got on the ride. I think the bigger problem than weight is the width of the seat. It was tight for me and I was under 200 but my friend who is a guy and about 245 at the time fit fine.

hg0079
10-19-2006, 12:12 PM
I am close to 300 and 5'7 we went this summer and there was nothing I felt too tight on or embarassed on except for the jelly fish and orange zinger which have a weight requirement.