PDA

View Full Version : Small World Holiday Install

ShirleyFilms
10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
I have a question for some of the more seasoned Disneyland visitors on here....

When they post certain times for "holiday install" work...are they always completely accurate? Do they ever finish the install early and open the holiday version of the ride SOONER? ...or do they ever run late on preparations?

Just wondering. I will be at the park until the 9th of November... and it would be great to be able to see the holiday version of IASW...but its not scheduled to open until the 10th.

Thanks everyone.

parksfan
10-18-2006, 07:41 AM
We will be there same day. Was wondering the same thing, also about the fireworks?
Thanks,
Carol

atrder9901
10-18-2006, 07:54 AM
We went in March of this year, and we had a similar situation with Haunted Mansion. During our visit the Mansion was closed due to the removal of the holiday overlay. The ride was supposed to re-open the day AFTER we left, and we were SO bummed because Pirates was down due to adding in Jack Sparrow. But, when we arrived suprisingly HM was open, and the cast memeber we talked with said it was a "soft opening" to see if there were any kinks to work out before the announced re-opening.

So, maybe something similar could happen with It's a Small World.

Darkbeer
10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
They tend to not open the start of the Holiday version earlier. For example, they did not run Haunted Mansion Holiday Thursday for the day, but did open up the attraction for an after hours party.

Since the first day of the Christmas season is Friday, November 10th, I seriously doubt you will see it open to guests on the 9th.

Now, when they remove the overlay, and are finished early, you might see some "soft openings" for the return of the traditional version.

emmah
10-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Now, when they remove the overlay, and are finished early, you might see some "soft openings" for the return of the traditional version.

I sure hope you are right about that... I'm going to be the park from jan 12-17 and am really hoping that IASW might be open on my last day - it would be sad to miss it entirely for another year.

hippiemama
10-19-2006, 05:48 AM
we just changed our trip from the 8th and 9th to the 9th and 10th
and i'm excited to see the small world overlay. It was closed last november when we went altogether so my kids have never seen it

AaronInCal
10-19-2006, 11:43 PM
They schedule only 2 - 3 weeks for the Holiday installs now, so they barely have enough time to get the stuff up. Proof was a couple years ago at Small World when a lot of stuff still was not in place the day the Holiday version opened but more was put in over the following week or so. When they first did the installs, the rides were usually closed at least 4 weeks. But since they don't change much each year, they already have everything ready to go to just set up fairly quickly, for the most part.

Baloo
10-20-2006, 07:38 PM
like someone mentioned already. they have shortened the install time.

They actually start installing the lighting even while the attraction is still holding the normal version.

The last couple years the installs were longer but only because the attraction was also getting rehab work done that had been neglected for years.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-20-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm thrilled to know it will be ready to roll when we're there in November!!! I am all giddy thinking about it as I LOVE IASW!