PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stay at the Anaheim Desert Inn?

kohl
10-17-2006, 01:33 PM
A friend of mine is going to stay at the Anaheim Desert Inn and was wondering how the place is. I don't even know where it is located!:eek:
Thanks for your help.

Malcon10t
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
A friend of mine is going to stay at the Anaheim Desert Inn and was wondering how the place is. I don't even know where it is located!:eek:
Thanks for your help.It is located across the street at the crosswalk. It has pros and cons. Personally, I really like the motel itself. The rooms are good size and comfy. The rooms are not the newest, but for the size and $$, its worth it.

On the negative side, they don't know how to handle debit cards. They place a hold on funds, and while the bank releases the hold normally after 3 days, if you pay in cash, they dont know how to release the holds. While this causes issues for those using debit cards, it doesn't appear to be an issue for credit cards.

grimgrinningirl
10-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Some friends of mine really like it and stay there all the time

higcat
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
It's gotten some mixed reviews lately on TripAdvisor.com but I think it's all subjective, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our stay there early November this year. Really, how bad can it be? Clean and close to DL with a seperate bedroom for my Mother, what else could I ask for? ;)

adriennek
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
I have a few people I know who love this hotel. The rooms are clean. The location is fantastic. The prices tend to be reasonable. And the staff is very very nice. They have suites - actually physically divided off rooms, not just "really big rooms called suites". I don't know if all the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators, but I know they're an option.

Downsides: very small parking lot, small pool, I've heard mixed reviews about the continental breakfast. Not enough to make me not want to stay there based on the rooms I've visited when friends have been there and based on how close it is.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
10-17-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't know if all the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators, but I know they're an option.

Downsides: very small parking lot, small pool, I've heard mixed reviews about the continental breakfast. Not enough to make me not want to stay there based on the rooms I've visited when friends have been there and based on how close it is.

AdrienneI've stayed in both the suites and the "Deluxe" room. All have had micros and refrigerators. The breakfast is "free" so you get what you pay for. In comparison, all the breakfasts on the "strip" are about the same. The rooms we have stayed in have been decent as far as sound protection. You don't hear the people in the next room when they are talking (compared to the Del Sol... Its the only one in the strip that I refuse to return to.)

i tAlK sTitCh
10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Our Ohana stayed there twice. We liked it nothing fancy, right between Denny’s and IHOP. Plenty other families from Hawaii were there, we met while doing laundry. Only thing we did not like is the pool, it smelled like stink toes.:D

ralfrick
10-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Have stayed 3 times, would do so again.

A bientot.

jillshumway
10-18-2006, 08:03 AM
We stayed there march of last year. We had a room with 2 queens and 1 hidabed couch. The hidabed was missing half the springs but upon complaining they moved us to a diffrent room. The room was clean except for a koolaid stain on the floor. THe breakfast was free and good but we got tired of the same thing every day. It is close to disney and we had no troble walking with 5 kids to the park everyday. We stayed 6 nights but only got charged for 5 I don't know if it was for our trouble with the room and having to move. We also loved the Quiznos resterant in the hotel nice people and easy good food.

Malcon10t
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
We stayed there march of last year. We had a room with 2 queens and 1 hidabed couch. The hidabed was missing half the springs but upon complaining they moved us to a diffrent room. The room was clean except for a koolaid stain on the floor. THe breakfast was free and good but we got tired of the same thing every day. It is close to disney and we had no troble walking with 5 kids to the park everyday. We stayed 6 nights but only got charged for 5 I don't know if it was for our trouble with the room and having to move. We also loved the Quiznos resterant in the hotel nice people and easy good food.You stayed at the Katella Desert Palms. The Anaheim Desert Inn doesn't have a Quiznos. The Anaheim Desert Inn is a lot closer than the Desert Palm Inn. (All the hotels have such similar names! Park Inn (now Camelot Inn), Park Vue Inn Park Place Inn, Desert Inn, Desert Palm Inn...)

cirquelover
10-18-2006, 12:49 PM
We stayed there in September. They always kept the room very clean and the staff was friendly. It was nice to have two tvs and the fridge and micro were great to have.
The pillows were hard as rocks and the parking lot is small but there is also underground parking. There is only one elevator but I was thankful to have it!!

We usually stay at Candy Cane Inn so my husband wasn't impressed with Desert Inn but the kid and I didn't mind and we would stay there again.
The walk to the park can't be beat. It's so close you can see some of it from the railing.

kohl
10-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for all your feedback!:D

mariezp
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
We have stayed there annually for the past 5 years. We will be heading their way again in December. I thought breifly about trying elsewhere but never did find a better bargain. Also, my 15 year old son balked at us staying somewhere else as this has become "traditional". If you are looking for something fancy you'd better head to another property. However, if you want a basic motel room with great location you will probably enjoy staying there. We are pretty easy to please. We mainly just want a place to sleep at night. We never think twice about swimming because we would rather be at the park. They do have refridgerators and microwaves which come in handy. There is also a convience store downstairs which comes in handy if you don't mind paying a little more than usual. They may have been the only place in California we ever found to buy a Dr. Pepper which can be pretty important when you are as addicted as we are. I enjoy spending the money we save on souvineers instead of over priced accomadations.