PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Planning

SoCalSteven
10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm trying to plan a trip to DLR for my g/f's birthday. We haven't been since last Christmas, which for us is a long time, so I'm trying to make it extra special.

First, I've got reservations at Granville's for dinner, but is there any way to talk to someone at Granville's directly. I'd like to make arrangments for a special desert and also need to know if something on the wine list is still available. If it is not, anyone know if they allow you to bring your own wine? What is the corking fee?

Also, anyone know if they are still letting people "pilot" the Mark Twain? Do they still give out the certificate?

Malcon10t
10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
First, I've got reservations at Granville's for dinner, but is there any way to talk to someone at Granville's directly. I'd like to make arrangments for a special desert and also need to know if something on the wine list is still available. If it is not, anyone know if they allow you to bring your own wine? What is the corking fee?

Also, anyone know if they are still letting people "pilot" the Mark Twain? Do they still give out the certificate?If you call the priority seating number (714-781-3463) they can transfer you to Granvilles (now Steakhouse 55) and you can talk to a manager there.

Last I heard, they were still doing the Mark Twain Pilot thing. Its a nice certificate.

Katran
10-17-2006, 01:26 PM
What a great idea! Your g/f will love it! Good luck getting it all arranged. I hope it all goes smoothly.

SoCalSteven
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
If you call the priority seating number (714-781-3463) they can transfer you to Granvilles (now Steakhouse 55) and you can talk to a manager there.

Last I heard, they were still doing the Mark Twain Pilot thing. Its a nice certificate.
Steakhouse 55 huh? Hopefully it is just a new name and not new prices. Seems like all the nice places to eat are changing and increasing prices.

Not to say Granville's was cheap, but I was much happier with the meal for the money at Granville's versus the Blue Bayou.

Katran
10-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Steakhouse 55 huh? Hopefully it is just a new name and not new prices.

Yeah, hopefully the "55" doesn't stand for a $55.00 increase, lol!

SoCalSteven
10-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Yea, really.

Anyone been to Granville's recently? It is still listed as Granville's on their website...

TribeFan
10-18-2006, 07:12 PM
It will remain Granville's for a while. There is quite a bit of things to change from menu's, napkins, etc. The change could take several months. It is still called Granville's until then but the new name will be Steakhouse 55.:)

SoCalSteven
10-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Are they changing the menu itself, or just changing everything over to the new name? Any idea why the change?